Shooting Jacket & pants

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Csizzle

Shooting Jacket & pants

Post by Csizzle »

What is a good brand name and style to buy. Shots 3P .22 matches. I don't want to get the top of the line models but don't want to get anything to cheap either. Is Monard Standard good? Help.
WarWagon

Post by WarWagon »

The Monard stuff first got popular domestically a few years back (right after I paid through the rear for my Sauer suit, of course).

I was VERY impressed with the quality of it given the price point. I think four or five of our junior shooters all ordered them after seeing them out at Camp Perry, and had no complaints. I wouldn't hesitate to order one (may down the road for that matter), and being able to talk to someone stateside is another plus.
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

I agree. We have bought quite a few Monard jackets and pants and they are very good stuff.
peepsight

Post by peepsight »

I totally agree with the last 2 posts. I have a 'standard' Monard jacket but made to measure. It was not much more than off the peg price and i ordered it with my choice of colours at no extra charge.
The only upgrade the standard jacket needs in my opinion is to replace the plastic buttons with screw on metal ones which i did for just pocket money. Any body considering changing their buttons to metal try to get proper threaded screw on buttons not self tapping as these eventuall pull out.
pwh

Post by pwh »

peepsight wrote: Any body considering changing their buttons to metal try to get proper threaded screw on buttons not self tapping as these eventuall pull out.
Yep....I was thinking of buying new buttons for my jacket as they are plastic and had self tap in screws. I had a feeling that one or more would eventually give out and sure enough the bottom one popped off while I was shooting. I got it back on but I'm pretty confident that it will eventually happen again. Just have to figure out where the hell one would buy metal buttons with screws for a shooting jacket. (?)

~Phil
peepsight

Post by peepsight »

Phil
Not living in the US i can't help with US shops, but they can be mail ordered from Germany or UK.
The buttons i fitted were made by Kusterman but i think Gehmann also supply them. Check your major US dealers first.
Peepsight
peepsight

Post by peepsight »

Phil
I have just found out that Monard supply metal buttons with a Philips drive threaded screw and large cup washer. Check US Monard importer or e mail Monard
Peepsight
pwh

Post by pwh »

peepsight wrote:Phil
I have just found out that Monard supply metal buttons with a Philips drive threaded screw and large cup washer. Check US Monard importer or e mail Monard
Peepsight
Thanks Peeps! I'll definitely look into that. Scared the hell out of me yesterday when I was shooting and I heard something fall to the floor. I thought that something had fallen off of my rifle! Buttons are cheap.....FWB parts are not! lol

~Phil
1813benny

buttons

Post by 1813benny »

Cetershot and Neal Johnson have the metal buttons.

Worth every penny to replace the plastic ones....did that over 10 years ago on my Thune jacket and have not looked back since. They are also much more comfortable in prone.