NRAConventioninLouisville

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Ted

NRAConventioninLouisville

Post by Ted »

Anyone going? I will be working the airgun range Fri.-Sun. 8:30-1:30. Please stop by and say hi and shoot a few rounds if you are there!
Ted
Ted

Post by Ted »

Well,
No one came up to say hi!?!Had a good time and enjoyed the show and exhibits. Champion's Choice was there. Now if only Ted Nugent would add a free pistol to his collection the international scene would never be the same again!
Got to shoot a prototype of a new crossman sporter air rifle. It has dual CO2 /air capability. Pretty cool system as it uses the same cylinder and you simply purge the CO2 off if you want to fill it with air or vice versa. They supplied a 'Benjamin' hand pump and this was by far the easiest hand pump I have used yet. The sporter only goes to 2000psi instead of the standard 3000 psi but, a lot of shots were taken before it had to be refilled (I didn't count as I was a volunteer and was too busy doing all this required). Somewhere around 80 shots would be my guess. Should be an improvement over the Challenger they have out now. All the manufacturers lent their air rifles/pistols to be shot at the airgun range so got to shoot everything from plinking air rifle by Gamo to Olympic grade air rifles by Anshutz and Walther. The Olympic grade air rifles were by far the most popluar with the Air Force 'Talon' (tricked out version of their sporter rifle with a bipod,laser sight and 16 x scope) was next.Yes, it had a 16 x scope for use at 33 feet! Probably had about 2000 people shoot at the airgun range everyday for the 3 days! Had 16 firing points.