Best Match Rifles?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Mistacadogan

Best Match Rifles?

Post by Mistacadogan »

Hi Guys,
Our pistol and Rifle club has just decided to introduce competitive airgunning to our members. We want to get started in the whole match rifle thing. We have an array of experienced and skilled shooters and would like to know what would perhaps be the best rifles to acquire for the club.
I would greatly appreciate your input as it would complement my ongoing research in this endeavor. I see all kinds of match rifles out there, like the FWBs and Wathers etc. But i need some guidance, could you please help me?

Kevin,
From Trinidad and Tobago........

Big question

Post by Guest »

Wow, that would really depend on your budget. What sort of prices are you willing to pay? For starters, to stretch your budget, consider used CO2 match rifles, if you can easily find bulk CO2.
laxratnd

hey

Post by laxratnd »

Hey, what is your budget and how many do you plan on getting. What are you looking for, match air rifles or smallbore rifles. Theres many different ways you could go with this, but we would need some more information into what type of program you want to run in order to help you out better. Please provide as much information as you can i would be glad to help.

lax.
Mistacadogan

Budget

Post by Mistacadogan »

Thanks so much for your response guys......
As far as budget is concerned, let's put it this way, I've been told to get the same kinda guns that are being used at the olympics....so i know that we're willing to pay alot for them... we wanna start out with about

1 - .2232 rifle and 3 each of .22 small bore, .22 air rifle 3 air pistols and 3 .177 air rifles.

We're willing to spend at least 1500 to 2000+ per unit, of course if we can get something more affordable without compromising quality, it would be great too.

Kevin.
azuaro

Post by azuaro »

Dear Kevin,

Air guns in .22 caliber are not used in Olympic competitions...

About your .22 RF rifles...Get any of the Anschutz models with a 54 action...the model will depend on your preference and in what you intend to use it for…they are all extremely reliable and very accurate...

The 54 has a very fast lock time and is one of the best actions commercially available...

About your air pistols and air rifles... if you don’t want to spend over $1,500 you will have to go with a wooden stock...Feinwerkbau 700 Basic or a used 700 Universal, an Anschutz 8002 club will also do the trick...
If you are willing to spend over $2,000 then consider the FWB 700 Aluminum or the Anschutz 8002 or 9003 also in aluminum.

Note: Aluminum and wood will shoot the same and are identical in every way but some people like the adjustability of the aluminum stocks better.

Pistols...uhmmm!...brand new under $1,500.00 probably a Morini but I would rather spend the extra $300 - 400 and get the FWB 44 or the Steyr LP10…FWB has 2 options for the barrel length in the P44.

Best regards,

AZUARO
Flathead Lake, MT
Mistacadogan

Thanks for the info

Post by Mistacadogan »

Thanks alot for the information............I will definitely look into it.

Your input is much appreciated

Post by Guest »

Check the DCM for FWB air guns