AirForce Edge 10m rifle

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

f1gpstar

AirForce Edge 10m rifle

Post by f1gpstar »

Does anybody have any thought on this rifle. It would be for local sporter.

http://www.pyramydair.com/p/airforce-ed ... ifle.shtml

Bill
blades

Post by blades »

Unless they have done something to make the trigger a quality unit, you are wasting money. I have seen reports of 6lbs triggers with a ton of creep and this is about normal on all the Airforce talon units. For $1000 + dollars there are much better units, such as the units from Daystate. Which is less than that. I think mpr200 is the base model. Lawer proof triggers in our sports are worthless. There are base units from Steyr, Anz,Fwb, Walther which are not that much more and well worth the extra cost to not have the flustration of a bad trigger
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Blades .... remember, the Edge is strictly a sporter rifle, the last one I handled is not legal for precision competition due to the height of the sights above the bore centerline.

When we were handling them at Nationals last year the triggers did not seem bad at all. Some clubs will like this gun as it is easy to change it from a RH rifle to a LH rifle

Post by Guest »

Is a thumbhole grip (which in essence this grip gives you) legal for sporter?
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

That's not a thumbhole grip, it's considered a "pistol grip" so it's legal.

My opinion of Rule 4.2.4
4.2.4 Stock
Sporter air rifle stocks must have a conventional design and be symmetrically shaped so that either a right or left-handed competitor can use it.
Thumbhole stocks are usually not symetrically shaped and thus are not legal, but in any case there is no officially approved 3PARC Sporter air rifle that has a thumbhole stock.

If you had one, you would have to submit it to the council for approval
blades

Post by blades »

I see by the current ad ( as listed) the cost is under $600, The first info I had it was listed at 995. I did not check the link before I spoke. Might have been a miss print I do not know. Therfore I considered the trigger linkage un-acceptable for that price range. Did not mean to step on any toes.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

I give them a large "Atta-boy" for their perseverience. The process took them at least two years (maybe three from when I'd heard whispers) from the initial concept to getting approved.

Now they are in production and I hope they are able to make it pay off.
MGT

Post by MGT »

I was told by a sales person at AirForce that clubs could buy direct, 5 guns minimum, for $450 each.

GT