Spring Selection/Olympic Trials - Hotel room

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

BartP

Spring Selection/Olympic Trials - Hotel room

Post by BartP »

I'll be going to Benning for the Trials. If there is a person out there (who IS NOT a maniac and who is focused and determined to do well) who might be up for splitting the cost of a hotel room, let me know. A bed is a bed and my wife likes it when I save money.

That said, I am an ex Army Ranger who teaches martial arts and knife fighting (as a private contractor) to special ops and other security forces. I tend to not put up with "unfocused and undetermined" folks - especially at an event as important as this.

I have references (to my character, that is! :) If any of you know Vin Pestilli, he can vouch for me. Bart
MGT

Post by MGT »

A tightwad Army Ranger SpecOps knife fightin' Olympic hopeful as a room mate.

Sounds too good.

GT
BartP

Hotel Room and Laughing

Post by BartP »

Hi there GT,

I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic OR for real. Pretty funny either way. The description is to ward off any retards. Even though it's accurate, I am actually a pretty easy-going, ridiculous person who jokes around a lot but takes the trials pretty seriously. Just so ya know, "tightwad" would be the last word to describe me. In hindsight, it might seem your impression might be well-warranted, but I assure you, my references would steer you elsewhere.

Unless of course you are partial to "tightwads"! (Laughing) I'm not. I'd say I make them a little nervous.

Bp
MGT

Post by MGT »

It ws meant to be all in fun.

I've shot the Trials a few times and I know what you mean about being focused. Though now that I'm 51, I don't take it as seriously.

I wish you luck. Back in 1983, I had aspirations but didn't make the cut, and spent a lot of time away from my young family chasing that dream. I actually wish I had that time back now.

I know that anybody at the trials level isn't a tightwad. But, I have never seen a competitive benefit in sharing a room with a stranger, and this is one of the times advantage trumps the wallet.

Again, good luck,

Gerard T.
BartP

Post by BartP »

You are probably right about the LACK of compettive benefit of sharing a room - espcially at the trials. Frankly, I figure my "qualifications" make me uniquely adept at handling any issues I might have with an impromptu roommate. (Laughing)

Truly the trials are an impromptu event for me. I re-picked up the guns about 4 months ago after a 23 year layoff and told myslef that i would only go to Nationals if I was in the 590s prone. Needless to say, I am shooting far better than expected and the trials just happen to be this year and near by. Can't pass it up. I've had practices that would do the trick and Miracles sometimes happen.

Thanks for the support. If you ever decide to visit Charleston SC, send a note. I'd be happy to help you enjoy our beautiful city. Bp