Setting the trigger on the 2002 CA

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Nick_Burman

Setting the trigger on the 2002 CA

Post by Nick_Burman »

Hi all, I'm thinking about changing the trigger setup on my 2002CA, I would like to leave just a vestigial 1st stage and the 2nd stage untouched. The Anschütz manual tells how to eliminate the 1st stage altogether, however this is hardly the case as I'm still sorta-of "cack-fingered"... could anyone help me on this one, please?

Cheers NB
peepsight

Post by peepsight »

Nick
Not sure how to adjust the Anschutz trigger but i suggest that you maintain at least a couple of mm of first stage movement untill you get more confident with your shot release. Single stage triggers are pretty unforgiving for those shooters still in their early stages of the sport.
Nick_Burman

Post by Nick_Burman »

Thanks peep, yesterday I measured the 1st stage in my rifle, travel was 2mm before 2nd stage was taken up. I would like to cut this down to 1 - 0,5mm, however the Anschütz instructions only tell how to eliminate completely the 1st stage.

Cheers NB
peepsight

Post by peepsight »

Nick
There must be a screw for adjusting first stage travel, check your hand book again. I would keep first stage travel to a minimum of 1.0 mm for the time being.
MGT

Post by MGT »

1st. Check to be sure that the rifle is unloaded and remove the air cylinder.

There are 2 screws forward of the trigger blade. Turn the screw furthest from the blade (marked #4 in the manual) clockwise to reduce the 1st stage length.

Carefully test each adjustment to be sure you have sufficient sear engagement. Close the action sharply to test that the sear will hold.

The nearest screw forward to the trigger blade(#5) sets the sear engagement. Turning it clockwise reduces sear engagement. The usual way to set this is to carefully and slowly turn the first stage screw (#4) clockwise til the 1st stage is eliminated. Cock the unloaded rifle and turn #5 clockwise til the sear releases. Then turn the screw counterclockwise about 1/8 to 1/4 turn.

I have my rifle at a true single stage and it works very well.

BTW...the 2002 CA trigger is the exact trigger as found on the smallbore rifles (5018 trigger.)

GT