Old style Anschutz shooting pants...better than the current?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

coolcruiser

Old style Anschutz shooting pants...better than the current?

Post by coolcruiser »

Just wondering with the current controversy regarding stiff shooting pants causing us all to be careful about what we buy, what is a good choice for new pants? Until recently my competition in 4P smallbore gallery leagues made it OK for me to shoot using corduroy pants and shoot good scores. Recently I have been shooting 3P...well, shooting pants are necessary to do the job in this kind of shooting, particularly in kneeling. I picked up a pair of old style Anschutz pants (brown..curved rear leg zipper, groin zipper) and they are very helpful for knee comfort and good knee support for my left arm in kneeling. The loose design does not offer much for standing support in the legs but it does help with lower back support. Anyway, what is a guy to do? I am not interested in spending a lot of money for new shooting pants...around $150 or so is fine. The 144 AHG pants are affordable but they have leg zippers that only go up to the knee and bite into the back of my knee. Any recommendations? My old Anshutz pants won't last forever and I should replace them while they are still in one piece.
Thanks
CC
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

I would try the Freeland pants from Champion Shooters Supply. $130.00 I think, and quite stiff. If you decide to order them, call them and get them to help you with the sizes, as they had some trouble getting the sizes correct when they had them made, but with the right measurements etc, they can fit you nicely. Very helpful crew. They might even have some used ones that may fit. They have double zippers in the leg, and they are easy to get out of the way for kneeling. I zip the left leg up and, and the right leg down for kneeling, and that keeps the zipper out from behind the knee. (I'm right handed). The front opens and folds out of the way as well. Not a custom fit, but not a custom price either.

Post by Guest »

i agree with jhawk... i used these pants and they are very good quality. they are rigid and do the job... i shot in the 580s in air before i had to break down and get the kurt thune set.

tell you what coolcruiser... let me know if you or anyone else you know is interested in a used pair. i'd be more than willing to haggle, i just want to get rid of the things. like i said, i shot good scores in them in the condition they are in now (still pretty stiff but dirrrrrty, i'll have to clean 'em up).

oh and they are size 34 but pretty loose, if you are 36 they would probably be fine.

dan m.
xcrunner8k

Post by xcrunner8k »

aaaaaand i forgot to login again. i'm the guest. pm or e-mail me if you want.

maybe i should put this in the buy/sell section.