8002 Problem

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

ScottinAK

8002 Problem

Post by ScottinAK »

Tonight we had a problem with our Daughters 8002. where the Air cylinder screws in, there is a screen that fits in the throat of the fitting where air pass from the cylinder into the gun. This tiny screen had come loose and fallen down in the bottom (not in the the actual fitting) on the receiver - she was not aware and screwed the cylinder down and the gun was unable to fire, after we removed the cylinder - because we could tell the cylinder was not seating properly, we could see pieces of metal down in the bottom around the the valve, but not in the valve - the threading is slightly scrarred on the gun and the cylinder has some tiny chip marks - we got everything out the we could - and gun fired fine for about 7 shots, then slowly you could tell it was losing pressure and then finally it would not shoot with any accuracy with very low air pressure - we would remove the cylinder and you could hear air leaking from the gun in the action somewhere, and then it finally released air without the cylinder being attached.

Has anyone had this problem before? Other Problems with peices coming loose in the rifle?

Any help would be appreciated. We are planning on getting the gun to Neals or Pilks ASAP as she is preparing for the Nat'l Jr Olympics this summer

Scott
laxratnd

Hey

Post by laxratnd »

I have not seen that problem that you described but i do recommend that you send it to pilk asap. Give them a call or email and tell them your problem and they will tell you what to do. Also if you send it back to them they will work with you on getting it back asap before your match. Dont wait just call them.

Post by Guest »

I wanted to give an update to anyone that cares. The gun is heading to Pilks. i have nothing but great things to say about Anschutz and Pilks Customer Service.