Anschutz 2013 for Prone Shooting

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Eck

Anschutz 2013 for Prone Shooting

Post by Eck »

I just purchased a 2013 that I'm trying to set up for prone shooting. Can someone tell me what the preferred mount/ring setup is for a Leupold BR type scope?

I'm also curious about the iron sight setup. I realize my old 54 sights won't fit. . . the "bloop tube" has a single dovetail milled into it. Is a "dual height" base available for this rifle?

Thanks in advance for any help-

John

Post by Guest »

2013 and 1913 foresights clamp directly onto the barrel (or the tube), so you can't fit a two-step base as with 14-1813s. An English engineer Barry Nesom does make a replacement foresight tunnel with an eccentrically bored inner that is rotated to switch the zero from 50m to 100yds. These are availble to fit most barrels, are cant-adjustable, and take either 18mm or 22mm elements.

His no is 01751 473124. I beleive he often shoots the US championships at Camp Perry.

Tim S

Exeter UK
EdR

Post by EdR »

Bill Earnest in Pa makes both bloop tubes and two-step front sight bases, as far as rings I use BKL rings which are just high enough for my 57mm scope. You can call Bill at 1-570-797-4872