10 meter rifle scope...recommendations?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

coolcruiser

10 meter rifle scope...recommendations?

Post by coolcruiser »

What is a good 10 meter rifle scope that won't break the bank? I use my AHG 2002 for practice and a scope in the 12x-20x range should do the job. I would like a scope with a dot reticle. The reviews are mixed for the China scopes (BSA, Leapers, others) so I am not sure if they are worth experimenting with. Any recommendations?
TIA
WarWagon

Post by WarWagon »

My BSA would get the job done outdoors, but head position was VERY unforgiving, especially in lower light conditions.
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

I have a weaver KT15 that is a really nice scope for the price. They can be found used for $150 or so. Very clear, semi target knobs, focus down to 30', very repeatable weaver microtrac adjustments. It has the plex reticle though.
jrmcdaniel

Post by jrmcdaniel »

Depends entirely on what you want to shoot. I shoot field target with my Steyr LG100 and use a Leupold Competition 35X -- arguably the best scope for this sport but it has been modified by Leupold to focus to 10 yards and has the heavy duplex reticle.

At the least, I suspect you need adjustable objective to eliminate parallax. The Bushnell Banner 6-18X50 for about $130 is an excellent bargain IMHO.

Best,

Joe