NEW ALuminum stock, Gemini OR ANS

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

laxratnd

NEW ALuminum stock, Gemini OR ANS

Post by laxratnd »

Hey guys. I have a ANS 1913 super match with wood stock that i was thinking about trying a aluminum stock in. I was looking at the Gemini 703 and the ANS aluminum stock. I was wondering if you guys beleive there is a difference from wood stocks to aluminum. I know the Aluminum have a lot of nice adjustment in them. I am 6' 3" with long arms and legs, and around 170 pounds. I was also thinking of maybe just getting the Gemini buttplate to try to get better contact with my arm. I also want to add i use a 8 inch bloop tube on my rifle also.

Any advice or information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

Stephen
1813benny

another option...

Post by 1813benny »

Take a look at the G&E stock. That's one to add to the list before you make a final decision.
Rutty

Post by Rutty »

Metal stocks, love 'em or loathe 'em!

Personally I like mine on my smallbore rifle but I rather wish I had my old wooden stock back on my air rifle.

I have an Gemini stock which I still believe is the best around, but it is expensive. I also think that the Gemini buttplate is second to none, but you do need to invest a bit of time in getting the adjustment right. What I really like about the Gemini stock is how low the forend sits in your hand. I find that very comfortable and conducive to consistent recoil characteristics. If you can try before you buy, that is ideal.

Air rifle OTOH, I have a Anschutz 2002 and whilst the fit is OK, it just doesn't seem to feel as pleasant as my old wooden FWB.

Size wise, I am 6'2" and ca. 185lbs

Rutty
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

I have to agree with you on the air rifle. I am same height same weight. My air rifle is a 2002 alu and I have a few P70's that my kids shoot. I have adopted one of the P70's and can't go back. That P70 wood stock really is a fine one. My 2002 is on loan to one of our other jr. shooters and he plans to buy it.
Hip's Ax

Post by Hip's Ax »

I agree with Benny, look at the Grunig.
"Where the heck did that 8 come from?!"
WarWagon

Post by WarWagon »

Toss the MEC stock in there as well. The factory stocks do pale in comparison to the aftermarket, but they also cost 2x as much.

I would personally just buy the buttplate. There isnt much the wood stocks can't do that the aluminum can when it comes to fitting the shoulder. Its also a LOT cheaper of an experiment.
laxratnd

hey

Post by laxratnd »

Yeah i was thinking of getting the buttplate then if i still want something different maybe better the stock. I just dont feel like putting out 2300 for a stock right now.