thoughts on 10m rifle

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

JeffinTX

thoughts on 10m rifle

Post by JeffinTX »

Hi, I would like to get some advice/opinions on 10m AR and equiptment. I have been shooting a FWB 300s for the past couple months and now shooting 90-92% on 40 or 60 shot strings. This is with a ISSF legal jacket and sweater but no boots or pants. My questions is: at what point would a PCP rifle and/or things like boots/pants make a difference? Or should I keep shooting what I've got for now until I'm hitting 95%? I am new to 10m AR but not to riflery, shot 3p SB in school in the 80's and received Distinguished Rifleman in hipower rifle last year.
Thanks in advance, Jeff
cdf

Post by cdf »

Any or all of the above mentioned things would help . A PCP would cause you to use far less effort , an make the use of a 3P stand more efficient . Awsomes as the FWB 300 was , a modern PCP would make quite a difference in your game .

Chris
WarWagon

Post by WarWagon »

Good fitting boots and pants will make a night and day difference, without the huge expense.
robf

Post by robf »

having gone from a 300 to a pcp, there's a dramatic difference in the ease, but not as much as you might think in performance curve, which is always diminishing the better you get. My av with the 300 was 510 ex 600, my av now is 540, a year later.

Losing the cocking effort and the slow lock time will improve your stamina and allow you to determine what your doing better...however it's easy to get into bad habits, so be mindful of that.

that said, what's holding me back now is not the gun and i could shoot 20 more if i could just screw the nutt on a few aspects.

however i would only jump to a 'proper' match grade 10m gun...halfway options (ie cz/s200 or mfr) aren't the solution, your better off sticking with the 300 in my book.

i too am only shooting in a jacket...i ditched the glove for this season as well. Boots and trousers might be following soon depending...
jlochey

Post by jlochey »

Jeff,

Do you have an email address I could email you at?

I have a shooting question that is off the topic of this thread.

Thanks,

John