sauer shooting shoes discomfort

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

trinity

sauer shooting shoes discomfort

Post by trinity »

I've had the aHg shooting shoes (pistol) for a long time, and they are very comfortable now. However, over the years, I've sort of wanted to try the Sauer shoes. So late this summer, I finally bought a pair of the Sauers.

My initial impressions were "wow, these things really grab the floor". Which is great. However, quickly I realized the arch support in them are too high, so much so, that it hurts my feet.

I looked inside and it isn't an insole that I can remove that is hurting, it looks like the natural arch is just too high...

Is there anything I can do??

Thanks.
-trinity
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

The insole is removable I thought but if I remember it is stuck down. If you can get it out you then get the joy of trying to sand it down to make it work for you.

I was never comfortable in the AHG's I went to custom made Corami's and they fixed the problem.

Bring'em out Sunday night and we can take a look at them. I1'm 90% postive the insoles come out because I talked to someone about adjusting the Sauer's once.
PaulT

Post by PaulT »

I would be interested to know procedure and retail costs for obtaining custom inserts for Corami shoes in Switzerland. We have a lot of shooters with Corami shoes in the UK, myself included and we all like them very much. The inserts are definitely configurable and trial and error is one method. We regularly visit Switzerland and the European matches.

Whilst we have at elite level access to the kit such as force platforms etc. the fitting of the inserts is something where experience is required as well to an extent the testing equipment for verification of the set-up. For the shooters not in the national team, a commercial service is a good option for them to consider.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

I beleive at a few WC in Europe Corami was there doing custom fittings.

I don't know if your question is directed at me but I didn't get custom orthotics from Corami I actually got the shoes custom made to fit my wide feet. I do have orthotics that I use in some of my other shoes but I have not needed to use them in the Corami's. I also have the fit kits which I have not needed to use either. The Custom shoes were around 210 Euro plus the fit kits.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

PaulT wrote:I would be interested to know procedure and retail costs for obtaining custom inserts for Corami shoes in Switzerland. We have a lot of shooters with Corami shoes in the UK, myself included and we all like them very much. The inserts are definitely configurable and trial and error is one method. We regularly visit Switzerland and the European matches.

Whilst we have at elite level access to the kit such as force platforms etc. the fitting of the inserts is something where experience is required as well to an extent the testing equipment for verification of the set-up. For the shooters not in the national team, a commercial service is a good option for them to consider.
Paul,
Your best option would be to see a podiatrist if you or your shooters need custom inserts. You may have noticed me fitting them into my shooting shoes. Mine were required to help relieve back problems but a podiatrist will determine what you best need to give you the correct annotomical support. If you need custom inserts, they don't come cheap but for medical problems cost obviously isn't a real issue.

Rob.