spare parts for the Toz 35

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
gunnery

Post by gunnery »

Where in "cental europe" can i get spare parts for the Toz 35 ?
My "sear spring" is broken. Or can i youse somheting els?
thanks
Rik
Attachments
IMG_0385.jpg
IMG_0385.jpg (7.33 KiB) Viewed 6394 times
IMG_0387.jpg
IMG_0387.jpg (6.68 KiB) Viewed 6394 times
mjmarz

TOZ sear spring

Post by mjmarz »

Alex from Duluth says you can fabricate one from a paper clip, the type with the ears and a dremel tool. The clip probablyb has a better grade of steel besides. There are several suppliers on the NA continent. I am sure our host can supply one as well.
top end

Post by top end »

A short length of 100lb fishing leader wire ( spring steel) can be bent to shape with pliers - have used this for thousands of shots - works a treat. It seems impossible to replace this part with an original replacement, at least in Australia.
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

Since Gehmann lists the TOZ35 in their catalog for sales of new pistols they will also have spare parts for them. Be prepared to open your wallet and pay, because Gehmann doesn't give anything away!
gunnery

Post by gunnery »

Thanks for the tips.
Lane

Post by Lane »

Just a note to add to the off the wall parts that people are coming up with to keep the TOZ'S running. My falling block lever catch spring rusted off. A gunsmith friend of mine came up with a fix for that spring. Use a 1911 plunger tube spring. It fits in the hole and works gfreat. I still would like to know what S&W revolver sprg. and it's weight that is being used for the fireing pin sprg.
mjmarz

TOZ spares

Post by mjmarz »

by heearsay, it is from a K-38. Haven't gotten to do the actual conversion as I have a stash of spares still, but sooner or later.
toznerd

Post by toznerd »

I want to say that the firing pin spring can be replaced with a 15# S&W revolver trigger return spring. It may have to be cut to length, but the wire diameter, coil pitch, and diameters (in/out) are close enough to get the job done. However, someone else would know better than me.

Good Luck,

toznerd
shadow

Wolf S & W Spring

Post by shadow »

I bought 2 and have one of them in one of my TOZ. I have to go downstairs and do some laundry (a woman's work is never done!). I will look for the Wolff spring and part number.

Susan
shadow

TOZ Springs

Post by shadow »

Sorry, but the springs are in the package - not in the TOZ.

They are Wolff springs.

16664 15 lb Rebound

16665 16 lb rebound

They are for J, K, L, N frame revolvers.

They look like short 1911 firing pin springs.

My three TOZ are fine but my GE Profile Dryer refuses to start!

Susan
Lane

Post by Lane »

Thanks for the spring part numbers and weight. Hope anyone else that has fixes will jump in here so we all can take note.
gunnery

Re: TOZ sear spring

Post by gunnery »

mjmarz wrote:Alex from Duluth says you can fabricate one from a paper clip, the type with the ears and a dremel tool.
Fabricated one, and its works, The bigest trouble was to drill the hole
from 3,5mm in the paperclip, the rest was easy.
shadow

TOZ Parts

Post by shadow »

What do you mean by the paperclip with the ears?
mjmarz

Toz spare parts "paper clips with ears?????"

Post by mjmarz »

When I first used that term, it did strike me as rather inelegant. Some who are a bit more literate and articulate may call them "binder clips" . They come in various sizes at your office supply store and get one that has the appropriate curve already in place. (smile)
shadow

TOZ Parts

Post by shadow »

Yes, I know what you mean. I use a large binder clip on my open bag of Raisin Bran! I guess what you are saying is that spring steel will work. I may be able to find some small pieces at work.

Susan
Don

Post by Don »

I have several more substitutions for TOZ-35 spare parts.

I recently purchased one of the TOZ-35Ms being sold by CDNN. The pistol was advertised as "excellent to new" in the TOZ wooden box. Less the spare parts and cleaning equipment that originally shipped with the pistols, that is what I got. The pistol appeared to be essentially new, and was covered in a very heavy coat of preservative grease.

The only problem was with bolt lever latching system. The latch pin [part number 59 on the TOZ-35 parts diagram] had apparently not been greased and had largely rusted out. In short order, this caused the latch [part number 63] to separate from the pistol. The latch spring [part number 62] was also damaged.

The following substitutions work:

1. The latch pin is a standard M1.5X6 metric pin. Unfortunately I had to buy 100 of them. But, they weren't very expensive.

2. The Wolff Light Duty Coil Spring, 4-1 English, [available from Brownells] fits the hole in the latch. Cut to an appropriate length, the Wolff spring causes the latch to lock up just fine.

Since Pilkguns sells the TOZ-35, do you guys have replacement front and rear sights for the pistol? I would like a little wider front and rear sights than those that came with the pistol.
mjmarz

Latch Spring and pin TOZ spares

Post by mjmarz »

Ahh thank you, one of mine has a broken spring and the specs provided are appreciated. If Pilkington cannot provide you with the posts and rear blades, Jocelyn of "Cibles Canada Targets" near Hull, Quebec has some as well. I suspect however that you won't be happy until you acquire a complete set which I am finding difficult to attain. If someone were to market complete sets or perhaps adapt an adjustable rear blade for the Toz, I may well be interested.

Mike