Pneumatic target guns in South America?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Ken Mealing

Pneumatic target guns in South America?

Post by Ken Mealing »

This is a long shot, but I wondered if there was anyone here who knows about the situation in Peru.

I'm going back to live there with my wife, who is Peruvian, and I wondered if it would be practical for me to take my two Feinwerkbau air rifles and my Steyr LP10.

It's really a question of whether I can get anyone to service them in Lima, or repair them when necessary.

I have been unable to find any link on the web to dealers, distributors or clubs in Peru.

My guns are the latest models, only a couple of years old, and don't get heavy use. I don't know how long I could shoot them in Peru before they develop problems.

Naturally, I am very reluctant to sell them, but if the sport is not well supported in Lima, I fear I will have no other option.

So, if anyone could help me with a contact, I'd be very grateful.
Shooter

Peru

Post by Shooter »

Ken: You might contact a friend of mine in Lima. She should know something, or at least be able to point you in the right direction. Contact: Ketty Baldwin, Ave. Higuereta #535, Lima 33. She is a shooter and used to work at the U.S. Embassy until retirement. Good lady. Hope this helps.
Don in Oregon
John Ariani

Post by John Ariani »

If you log onto the ISSF.org, you'll be able to get the total details of the Peru member federation and maybe they can help with info.
Regarding your rifles and pistol - an email to the respective manufacturers asking about their representatives in Peru would be the most accurate way of finding out if, where and how you can have them serviced when needed.
Last - check that the airline you are using will carry firearms (some have a no-carry policy) and what permit you may need to arrive in Peru without having them seized or tagged as a high tax item.
Ken Mealing

Post by Ken Mealing »

Thanks very much for your replies.

I'll certainly follow your advice..