Smallbore Rookie - Advice needed

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

jcf3202

Smallbore Rookie - Advice needed

Post by jcf3202 »

A club that I shoot silhouette at has a winter 3 position league. This is 50ft smallbore with optics.
I have the equipment (coat, sling, glove, etc.) and an Anschutz 2013 (wood stock).
They are in need of shooters so I thought I would help out.
However, I do not know how to use all the adjustments on the 2013 stock to my advantage.
Such as:
Should I use the hook (newer style hook) for offhand only?
Do you change the LOP or cheekpiece position when changing position?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
laxratnd

hey

Post by laxratnd »

Well i would say use the hook for all three positions. and do not adjust your cheek piece for each position. You want that to stay the same all the time.
Hap Rocketto

Head position

Post by Hap Rocketto »

JCF,

While I agree with 'laxratnd' that you will want to use the hook, particularly in kneeling and standing, I disagree with not adjusting the cheekpiece from position to position.

The very reason the cheekpiece is adjustable is so that you can change it. Your head angle will change slightly as you move from prone to standing to kneeling and you will find that slight adjustments will allow you to keep both a consistant cheek pressure and sight picture.

Regards,

Hap
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

The adjustments should be made a little at a time. Spend some time getting into position and working on your position without concern for how many bullets go down range for a few shooting sessions. Once set I don't change mine too much. Keep notes.