10's one handed air pistol shooting consistant.

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Shooter77B

10's one handed air pistol shooting consistant.

Post by Shooter77B »

See i have this problem, my hold is almost perfect, and my balance needs to be worked on i seem to call most of my shots 10's with good follow through. Any good advice to get my shots to hit where I called them?
AAlex

Post by AAlex »

Calls always look better then they are when you watch the target instead of the sights. If you are using 6 o'clock, try sub-6.
2650 Plus

Shots out side of call

Post by 2650 Plus »

AAlex is totally corect in that shots outside of call are almost always caused by target facination rather than a clear focus in the front sight.I personally use center hold because that seems to be most natural and I believe the eye can locate the exact center of a round object most perfectly and without focusing either vision or attention on the tatget. I believe that a six o'clock hold is the most difficult to use successfully. I have never experimented with sub six so I hesitate to try to comment. I will say one thing about it. It is very easy to sillhouet the front sight and not focus on it. To use center hold you have a very clear signal when you focus beyond the front sight as the target becones black instead of fuzzy grey. When you focus both attention and your aiming eye on the front sight you will often call the shot further from center than the actual hit on the target because you see the smallest errors in sight allignment. Good Shooting Bill Horton