Drulov DU 10 value and other questions

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

roysha

Drulov DU 10 value and other questions

Post by roysha »

It seems that the DU 10 is not very well regarded according to the posts I read when I did a search here.
The prices seem to be all over the place.
What is a fair price for one in excellent condition with the complete kit?
Is anyone importing them currently?
Who repairs them?
william

Post by william »

About $300US seems right. I owned one and found it an excellent trainer for standard / conventional pistol except for being too heavy for my elderly elbow. Despite reputation for unreliability, mine always functioned properly with JSB green pellets.
Tyro

Post by Tyro »

The DU-10 is not a match pistol and was never intended to be. But it is decently accurate when tuned a bit. I can accomplish moderately sized single hole groups at 10M on a good day.

Like William, I have never been bothered by the reliability issues that people complain about - I use club grade pellets from the better manufacturers (e.g. RWS Diabolo Basic)
Is anyone importing them currently?
Top Gun Air Guns imports them ( http://www.topgunairguns.com/DU10%20Condor.htm ) and can supply parts.

Also IIRC Larry Carter @ larrysguns.com has a used kit for ~$300
Who repairs them?
The owner. The action and CO2 regulation mechanism are very simple. Boris @ TGAG can supply parts. I don't know whether he'll perform repairs, though I suppose that he could ship the pistol off to Drulov if need be.

The biggest deficit of this pistol IMO - mine at least - is that the action tends to disturb the trigger set-up and generally loosen screw mounted components - so your POI will shift around over the course of ~100 shots. You need to actively monitor, tighten and adjust these components to maintain a consistent POI.

Also polishing the sear faces, and their contact points, will do wonders for the trigger.