4th World Military Games

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Flyboy Shooter

4th World Military Games

Post by Flyboy Shooter »

Is anyone here attending the WMG in Hyderabad? Just curious as it will be my first international CISM match!
rrpc

Re: 4th World Military Games

Post by rrpc »

Flyboy Shooter wrote:Is anyone here attending the WMG in Hyderabad? Just curious as it will be my first international CISM match!
Not going myself, but have some friends going. Irish Team in it's entirety.

Want me to exchange contacts for you?
Mellberg

Post by Mellberg »

Paddy Gloor and Marc Wirth from Switzerland is going over there if I recall correctly.
I'm pretty sure Sweden is sending a team aswell, but I don't know the names yet.
David in Ottawa

Hey Jesse!

Post by David in Ottawa »

Congrats on selection for the world military games..!!

Saw Ken Taylor last weekend at Connaught.. I know he's looking forward to the match!

Have a great time there, shoot well!...

Cheers,

David
Mellberg

Post by Mellberg »

One of my coaches (I actually have two... the luxury!) is going there!
USAMU

CISM

Post by USAMU »

FORT BENNING, Ga. – Fourteen servicemembers of the U.S. Military Shooting Team will leave Monday for India where it will compete in the Conseil International du Sport Militaire – called CISM. Team USA is expected to compete against hundreds of shooters from approximately 30 countries from around the world.

Ten shooters from the U.S. Army Marksmanship Unit of Fort Benning, Ga., as well as one from the Navy, one Army Reservist, one from the Navy Reserve and one Marine, will represented the United States, at the 4th Military World Games in Hyderabad, India, Oct. 12 to 21. Team USA leaves Fort Benning Monday for India.

The U.S. Team shooters are: Men’s Rifle Team – Staff Sgt. Armando R. Ayala, Sgt. Shane M. Barnhart, Sgt. Henry L. Gray and Spc. David R. Sprecher, all of the U.S. Army Marksmanship Unit; Women’s Rifle Team – Sgt. Kelly A. Dove and Spc. Nicole M. Cooper of the Army Marksmanship Unit, and Navy Ensign Sarah Bergman; Men’s Pistol Team – Sgt. 1st Class Eric G. Daniels, Sgt. 1st Class Thomas A. Rose, Staff Sgt. Robert S. Park II and Pvt. 2 Brad A. Balsley of the Army Marksmanship Unit; and Women’s Pistol Team – Marine Corps Capt. Janine Mills, Army Reservist Staff Sgt. Elizabeth A. Callahan and Navy Petty Officer 2nd Class Sandra Uptagrafft.

With the U.S. Shooting Team were team captain Michael Behnke, rifle coach Frank Briggs, pistol coach Ray Arredondo and gunsmith Glenn Sulser, all of the Army Marksmanship Unit.

The CISM shooting championships consist of men’s and women’s rifle and pistol competitions. Rifle shooters compete with standard rifles at 300 meters in the prone, kneeling and standing positions in both rapid- and slow-fire matches. The pistol team will shoot center fire and military rapid fire championships.

Only the men’s teams’ scores count in the overall “Best Nation” awards; the women’s teams only compete for their own individual and team awards.

Countries expected to participate include Argentina, Belarus, Botswana, Canada, Czech, Central African, Cyprus, Finland, Hungary, Ireland, Jamaica, Kenya, Latvia, Luxembourg, Nambia, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sri Lanka, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United States of America, Uzbekistan and Zambia.

(Formed in 1956 by President Dwight D. Eisenhower to raise the standards of marksmanship throughout the U.S. Army, the Army Marksmanship Unit is assigned to the Accessions Support Brigade of the U.S. Army Accessions Command. The Marksmanship Unit trains its Soldiers to win competitions and enhances combat readiness through train-the-trainer clinics, research and development. For more information on the U.S. Army Marksmanship Unit, contact the Public Affairs Office at (706) 545-5436, paula.j.randall@us.army.mil or www.usamu.com.)
-30-