Rifles that will work with a scope

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

2many7s

Rifles that will work with a scope

Post by 2many7s »

I know you can put a scope on an Anschuts 8002 or a Styre Lg110 with out difficulty due to the side moving load leaver but how about the Feinwerkbau 700 and Walther LG300 both have vertical load leaver I think, but they may still clear the side of a scope. Has anyone ever tried this?
acetan

Shameless plug.

Post by acetan »

I am selling my Steyr LG100 which is scope-friendly and you can easily turn up the power to shoot 10g+ pellets at higher velocities suitable for silhouette. At $1,750 with sight set, you won't lose much if and when you decide to sell it.
2many7s

send pics

Post by 2many7s »

If you send me pictures and more info such as the age of the rifle and everything that is included with it I will consider it.

MAllred@Bessemeral.org
jrmcdaniel

Post by jrmcdaniel »

Both guns (or variants) are used in Field Target which requires scopes (to do well, anyway). The loading/cocking handle moving up does not cause a problem because: the handles are short and scope mounts are high (at least for FT scopes which tend to have 50mm objectives).
robf

Post by robf »

i'm using a dommy LG300.

there is potential for the level to clout, but as said, high mounts usually solve this problem unless you have the scope rediculously far back.

plenty of walthers and fwbs being used on the FT circuit, same as 8002's, although you can mod the latter to side load. And you can always cut a bit off the others if its really bugging...its only a handle.
hambone49

2002CA

Post by hambone49 »

anybody ever put a scope on a 2002 CA? i would like to try it. thanks
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

Yes I have had a scope on my 2002ca. I have used it for varmint hunting on insects from the picnic table. They sell a different cocking lever which you pretty much need to be able to mount a scope. Aside from that there is nothing to it.
hambone49

Post by hambone49 »

thanks, where and how much?
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

The scope lever is an anschutz product not sure if they still make it or how much it cost.