3X Air Pistol and Rifle

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Slo cat

3X Air Pistol and Rifle

Post by Slo cat »

Online registration for the 3X Air matches at the OTC in Colorado Springs is now open on the USAS Hangastar site. It looks like I am the first air pistol competitor to register. Hope to see a lot of you at this match.

Best Regards,
Slo cat
Stu

3X Air Pistol and Rifle

Post by Stu »

Having just started AP shooting after a long break from 3 gun NRA,
would there be any disadvantage to shooting this match? Would a low score hinder future goals? I'm not yet familiar with the scoring systems in International shooting and don't know if this would be advantageous, disadvantageous or, it just doesn't matter.

thanks,

Stu
RobStubbs

Re: 3X Air Pistol and Rifle

Post by RobStubbs »

Stu wrote:Having just started AP shooting after a long break from 3 gun NRA,
would there be any disadvantage to shooting this match? Would a low score hinder future goals? I'm not yet familiar with the scoring systems in International shooting and don't know if this would be advantageous, disadvantageous or, it just doesn't matter.

thanks,

Stu
Stu,
In my opinion one of the most important aspects is to gain competition experience. A low score is irrelevant and won't hamper you in any way. The way I look at it when I started competiting is that it sets a mark in the ground. You have a bench mark and can use that as an indicator of future success and improvements. Don't get hung up on score but it is a useful reference value.

Enter the competition and enjoy it ! :)

Rob.