rifle switching and dropping results

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

guidolastra

rifle switching and dropping results

Post by guidolastra »

Hi, I am a shooter now living in the US, and owing to the particular ATF rules, it was easier to buy a new rifle (1913 anschutz) than bringing my own here (2013/690). I have been training, for the last year, and my 3 P scores are somewhere in the upper 110s, lower 1120s. I went back home, and I competed (after approx 2 years without significant competition) in the 3P match. My results dropped to a very poor 1071, which I am not used to... Of course, I did the "autopsy" of this disaster, and I found a significant difference in the weight of 2013 (much heavier, at 7.75 kg) compared to my "new" old 1913 rifle. I would like to know if anyone has experienced changing rifles for a competition, and if this can explain the drop in the results.
Of course, my prone match was even more dramatic....
Red

Post by Red »

A Heavy rifle is easier to hold still than a light rifle, until you get tired that is.