RIKA Interpreter

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
rcamiruagaj

RIKA Interpreter

Post by rcamiruagaj »

I am interested to contact a coach that I can send Rika files of my training, and he can help me with instructions in order to correct errors and help me with training plans to get an inprovement of my scores. for Air Pistol and Free Pistol.

I would be very appreciated for that help, so please contact me via my e-mail or this forum.

Thank you so much for the attendance
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Warren Potter had some instructive articles in this regard ("How to Get The Most out of Your Electronic Trainier") archived in the TenP files on the hosts website.

Steve Swartz
rcamiruagaj

Post by rcamiruagaj »

Steve Swartz wrote:Warren Potter had some instructive articles in this regard ("How to Get The Most out of Your Electronic Trainier") archived in the TenP files on the hosts website.

Steve Swartz
Thank you Steve for this help

Ramon
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

After reading the help files in the Rika software, and Warren' excellent contributions, if you still need help send me the files at leslieswartz@verizon.net.

I tend to focus on ("obsess over") trigger control and shot release more than anything else; if you set the color codes to emphasize the last 200 or so ms of the shot, you should see a smooth entry into the shotk, an undisturbed shot break, with the trace moving toward the center of the target in the terminal phase.

But there are a lot more diagnostics etc. available than just that . . .

Steve Swartz
LukeP

Re: RIKA Interpreter

Post by LukeP »

Can you post one pictures of a P10 hold and one of FP?
I'm very curious to see the track of a "normal" shooter!
If you want i appreciate very much.
Thank you.
Bye.
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

I'm not sure I know how to . . . Ed Hall has posted "snapshots" of Rika tracks before I think?

Ed, I would like to know how to do this if you are following the thread . . .

If you have the Rika software I can send you some of my files by Email.

I have plenty of pictures of 7+ second "8 Ring Holds" that end miraculously in a good shot!

Steve Swartz
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Steve Swartz wrote:I'm not sure I know how to . . . Ed Hall has posted "snapshots" of Rika tracks before I think?

Steve Swartz
Print Screen (Prt sc) usually does it. On my laptop this is Fn+Insert but may be different on other keyboards.
This gives a 'copy' of the screen as a picture that can be pasted into a document, etc.

Spencer
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

Spencer wrote:
Steve Swartz wrote:I'm not sure I know how to . . . Ed Hall has posted "snapshots" of Rika tracks before I think?

Steve Swartz
Print Screen (Prt sc) usually does it. On my laptop this is Fn+Insert but may be different on other keyboards.
This gives a 'copy' of the screen as a picture that can be pasted into a document, etc.

Spencer
I usually then copy it to Paint, where I can do some simple editing and then save as a jpeg file for transmittal
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Guys:

O.K., that's what I used to be able to do (in days gone by) but for some reason am not getting it to work in XP or Vista.

If PrtScr would just kick up my printer window, I could print to Adobe and create a pdf which is what I want to do . . . I have a PrtScr key, but pressing it (in combination with Fn, alt, shift, ctrl, etc.) accomplishes absolutely nothing.

Will fiddle around with it some more this weekend, thanks!

Any Vista experts out there? Anyone admit to it, if you were? =8^)

Steve Swartz
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Steve,

Prt Sc only 'copies' the screen; you need to open another program (word, paint. excel, whatever) and paste

Works in Vista

Spencer
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Steve Swartz wrote: Any Vista experts out there? Anyone admit to it, if you were? =8^)
Have you managed to get any of the Rika system, especially in recording mode, working on Vista.

I believe that it is proving to be a big problem with Scatt. From what I understand, rightly or wrongly, they are not able/willing to invest the effort and funds to get their drivers certified.
Ed Hall

Post by Ed Hall »

Hi Steve,

First, I must preface this with a note that I didn't migrate to the new Windows environments, so my info is relative to older versions, but I would think the PrtScr functions would remain the same. (For those wondering, I moved to linux, but don't use my Rika there yet. It is still running on a couple Win98 partitions.)

As others have mentioned, the Print Screen function merely copies the screen image into the clipboard buffer. You'll need to open another file to do anything with it. Of additional note, there are two Print Screen functions: Alt+PrtScr and Shift+PrtScr. One will take a snapshot of the entire desktop and the other will take a snapshot of the current (focused) window on the desktop. You can then open something like Word and use Edit>Paste to bring the image back. If you'd like to crop the image, you can open Paint or another image editor and use its features. Then save it in the format you would like. I would suggest using .bmp if you intend to further add it to a Word or .pdf file, .jpg if you are going to send it as an image file. The reason for the .bmp is that it doesn't degrade the image like .jpg compression does.

Hi rcamiruagaj,

Although not what you have asked for, I have a page on line suggesting a trigger training procedure with the Rika. If you are interested, you can find the page at:

http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/rik ... rwork.html

Take Care,
Ed Hall
http://www.airforceshooting.org/
http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/
rcamiruagaj

Re: RIKA Interpreter

Post by rcamiruagaj »

LukeP wrote:Can you post one pictures of a P10 hold and one of FP?
I'm very curious to see the track of a "normal" shooter!
If you want i appreciate very much.
Thank you.
Bye.
LukeP,
After reading the posts, I think that the best way is that you download the software for Rika Trainer (is free), and with the soft you can see several examples included. However if you want to see the track of a "normal" shooter (me) I attach 2 mine series for AP in this posts. The file is rar compressed because is the format compatible with the post. You must decompress and you obtain the RCJ.rk file that is direct read from Rika soft. I would be appreciated if you send me a comment. Thak you for your interest.
Ramon
Attachments
RCJ.rar
(37.75 KiB) Downloaded 442 times
rcamiruagaj

Post by rcamiruagaj »

Ed Hall wrote:Hi Steve,

First, I must preface this with a note that I didn't migrate to the new Windows environments, so my info is relative to older versions, but I would think the PrtScr functions would remain the same. (For those wondering, I moved to linux, but don't use my Rika there yet. It is still running on a couple Win98 partitions.)

As others have mentioned, the Print Screen function merely copies the screen image into the clipboard buffer. You'll need to open another file to do anything with it. Of additional note, there are two Print Screen functions: Alt+PrtScr and Shift+PrtScr. One will take a snapshot of the entire desktop and the other will take a snapshot of the current (focused) window on the desktop. You can then open something like Word and use Edit>Paste to bring the image back. If you'd like to crop the image, you can open Paint or another image editor and use its features. Then save it in the format you would like. I would suggest using .bmp if you intend to further add it to a Word or .pdf file, .jpg if you are going to send it as an image file. The reason for the .bmp is that it doesn't degrade the image like .jpg compression does.

Hi rcamiruagaj,

Although not what you have asked for, I have a page on line suggesting a trigger training procedure with the Rika. If you are interested, you can find the page at:

http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/rik ... rwork.html

Take Care,
Ed Hall
http://www.airforceshooting.org/
http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/
Hi Ed,

Than you for your help. The page you have mentioned give an interesting way to set up Rika trainer. I tried and I like it.
Thank you for this post.
Ramon