www.targetworx.com

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

schony

www.targetworx.com

Post by schony »

Hello everyone. I am new here so be kind to me. I have a question to ask, Has anyone had dealings with the above company?
Back in February this year I ordered a target changing system from the above. Since then I have received loads of promises and excuses but no target changer. I requested a refund in May and received an email to say he would refund. You guessed it No Refund. He now doesnt even bother to reply to my emails. I considered using your small claims system but apparently I have to attend, bit of a problem as I am in the UK and $ 251 is not worth it. If any one else has had experience of this man "Eddy Esworthy" let me know your opinion.
Thanks
bigred

Post by bigred »

Talk to your credit card issuer - they've got stuff like this covered on most cards.
schony

Targetworx

Post by schony »

Thanks. I paid for this on a Visa Debit card. I understood that this would give me the same protection as a Visa credit card, I was wrong. Visa debit allows users to buy goods online with the same ease as if using a Visa credit but, but heres the rub, without any of the protection of a Visa Credit card, so be warned. Only use a genuine credit card for online purchases.
Thanks
funtoz

Post by funtoz »

Let him know that your next step is to start contacting regulatory agencies in the US. Contact the Maryland Attorney General office if you don't get action. Also contact the US Federal Trade Commission.

US courts seem to think that they have enforceable powers in foreign countries... some sort of treaty thing. You may be able to get a judgment over there that is enforceable here.

He claims on his WEB site that he will be shipping recent production about now. Maybe you'll get lucky and hell get your changer off without all that.

Larry
acetan

I have dealt with the Targetworx four times...

Post by acetan »

...I have bought a target changer, an up-date kit, and two shipments of target rolls from Targetworx spanning three years. I have received the merchandise all four times. I did have to wait a long time EVERYTIME. I believe it is a one-man operation run by an "inventor/builder" who is not good in conducting a business. I am very satisfied with the product but will warn anyone who wants to buy from him to be prepared for a LOOOOONG wait. Absolute patience is required.
schony

Post by schony »

Thanks for the advice funtoz, I will take your advice and hopefully it will shake him up enough to get either my order or my refund.
Acetan thanks also. I am pleased you received your goods, I wish I was in the same position. While I can, as a one man business myself, understand the pressures that can be placed on one, it is VERY bad business to ponce about customers and ignore emails. Regardless of what happens this time round be it that I get a refund or my goods, I will NEVER EVER again do business with this man and I would, after my experience, advise others to avoid like the plague.

Post by Guest »

Anybody know where else to buy targets on a roll?
schony

Target rolls

Post by schony »

NRA ?

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:Anybody know where else to buy targets on a roll?
National Target.

Post by Guest »

Hey shoney- Any target changer yet? I'm thinking of ordering one but.....maybe not!
schony

Targetworx.com

Post by schony »

No target changer. Has not even replied to my emails, again. I have heard absolutely nothing from him at all. Dont risk it.
schony

www.targetworx.com

Post by schony »

Hello everyone. To keep you all up to date. I actually got my refund today by paypal 31 / 07 / 07. Placed my order 25 / 02 / 07. 5 months. The refund arrived after I sent a link to this subject, amazing.
Happy shooting

Post by Guest »

Thanks schony. Maybe the dude died. ?? I can't see why some guy in business for years would just quit communicating.
Target rolls are still available from National Target Company, fortunately.
schony

www.targetworx.com

Post by schony »

He has now refunded my money after I showed him my post on this forum. It is a shame I had to resort to that but in the end I felt I had no choice.
pgfaini

Post by pgfaini »

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Anybody know where else to buy targets on a roll?
National Target.
These are the same roll targets that Doc Sexton was using in Newberry, SC. They have a problem with shot holes tearing along the grain making them very hard to score.

I figured out a way to use regular Edelmann, Kruger or Canada targets in these devices, by taping them together in a fan fold fashion, and running them in reverse (Up instead of down).
When taping, tape in pairs, alternately taping on front and back, with two vertical 1" lengths of Scotch tape about 1/2" from the edge. The targets will then fold on the tape side, and can be placed on a shelf below the target carrier, as was done with fan fold printers. The target equipment needs a bit of alteration, tin or cardboard placed on the top for the targets to roll over and down the back.

A piece of shelving board, with a strip of lathe tacked to the front edge as a fence, makes it very easy to align the targets for taping.

Paul
Eddy

Targetworx/Alan Schon

Post by Eddy »

This is Eddy Esworthy, Owner of Targetworx. I would like to add a few details that were missed by Mr. Schon. While he certainly has a valid point to be upset, there are a few mitigating circumstances.

First of all, it is my policy to charge the credit card on internet orders when I'm ready to ship. Mr. Schon's card being charged was a mistake. I was intending to complete a single order but accidentally had several customers "checked" so that is ran all of their credit cards, Mr Shons's being one of them. He was notified of this and said he would wait for the system. Of course I agree the wait was longer than I said it would be.

Emails. The inferance in this post is that I have not responded to emails. While I am slow in responding, a quick check shows that I have sent 7 replies. I receive over 50 emails a day, most of which are junk mail. I have tried to set up filters and while they work a little, they also catch good emails. For some reason most of Mr. Schon's email were automatically sent to my delete box. I usually check that box every two weeks or so for good emails. Hence some slow replies.

Once Mr Schon requested a refund, like he said, I agreed. I tried to do a chargeback using the ecommerce system to no avail. Eventually I called the company and determined it wouldn't work. Perhaps because it was a debit card. I then requested a paypal accout to send the money. That was on June 16th. On June 20th he replied. I went on a three week vacation and doing a refund got lost. The next email I recieved in my normal inbox was a link to this post. The implication is that I intended to screw someone out of $251 until the word got out here. That is ridiculous. From my perspective, that last email was a reminder to me that I had forgotten to take care of this matter and it needed to get done. I actually sent the money via paypal before having time to look at that post the next day.

While I do have a reputation for being slow to respond and slow to ship, I also have a reputation of delivering a good product, sending free upgrades to products, and supporting the Nationals the first couple years with FREE target systems as well as continued support to this day.

These target systems are not a cash cow. I make surprisingly little on these systems. However, I was a former competitive shooter and enjoy supporting the sport while making a little extra spending money. My real business is shooting ranges and shooting range equipment for firearms, not pellet guns. 10's of thousands and 100's of thousands contracts, paperwork, new designs, etc. I am basically a one man operation when it comes to new designs, bidding, accounting, paperwork etc. I do have a few part time people to help with manufacturing. I realize shipping out target changers has been slow in the past. I'm hoping to remidy that later this year. In the mean time please understand the situation and if there are people in a hurry, please call before ordering online.

Like I stated in this post, I agree that Mr. Schon had a right to be upset. I'm I'm not impling he intentially left out details. I regret this matter got to this point and thought the aforementioned items would be a beneficial addition to this post.

Eddy
acetan

Targetworx

Post by acetan »

Hi Eddy,

As I said in my previous post, I'm more than satisfied with your product and would recommend it to anybody, but I would also mention the delivery might take a while. I have waited for over a year for custom "race guns", "pin guns", and "IPSC guns", more than a few time times and I've always considered it acceptable to have to wait for a good product.

I'm happy to see your response as I'd absolutely hate to see your company go away. You designed and produced a good product and it will be a great loss to the U.S. shooters if it happens. May be you can find an office manager or some admin person to help you keep the orders on track.

At any rate, good luck and keep them coming.

Ace
jhmartin

TargetWorx Targets

Post by jhmartin »

These are the same roll targets that Doc Sexton was using in Newberry, SC. They have a problem with shot holes tearing along the grain making them very hard to score.
Note that there are two (2) styles of target rolls for this system.
One is a very thin "practice" roll (55 thousanths inch paper) , and these are considerably less expensive than the thick "match" rolls.

The thin practice rolls are the ones that tear, and are especially bad with lower power guns such as pistols and 753/853 style rifles. But they will still tear with compressed air & CO2 rifles

The Match rolls are Ninty thousanths paper and work very well.
If you get them in quantity, in club pricing ($500 minimim I think) you can get these for about $3.85 per roll (110 bulls per roll)

Yes, the targes for this system are very pricy. That's why we only shoot on them when we are preparing for large state & national matches

I've posted a scan below that compares the two types of paper. The thick paper is on the left and the thin on the right. You can see the tearing on the thin paper.

(Yes I know that the thick bulls are upside down .... that's the way they come on the roll .... if my shooters complain, I tell them they are free to re-roll the thing .... none have done that yet)

pgfaini

Post by pgfaini »

Not positive which rolls Doc is using. He's running NRA and USAS sanctioned matches, and only started using the roll targets at Newberry. I can't see him using the practice targets, since he was wondering where he could get roll targets that wouldn't tear, and I believe complained to the company. They seemed to me, to be pretty thick, at least as thick as the National cut targets. This is why I came up with the idea of taping Edelmann targets together, and he reports they're working well. . Could be he got a bad batch of roll targets?
As most of you know, he's also the coach of the Citadel Pistol Team, and they've got a new state of the art facility (courtesy of us taxpayers),on the campus, with electronicaly controlled target carriers, and use Edelmann's for 10M exclusively. I really enjoyed shooting in air coditioned comfort, made me miss Wolf Creek.
Paul
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Here in NM we use the NRA targets (thick) for both USAS & NRA matches.

I don't think we've bought the practice in over two years now.

The thick do show lots of fuzz when hit with pistol or low power rifles, but no problem with the precision rifles or the 888's/887's and XS-40's.

I cannot remember the difference in the prices, but I do remember that it was significant enough to make me think about getting the thin paper ..... but if you ever sit at a match and have to score hundreds .... there's no question, the thick National target paper is the way to go.