Cataract surgery

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

An excellent point. A good friend recently had cataract surgery (both eyes). He was told, in advance, that the surgery would very likely aggravate an existing condition, which would require additional surgery. He went ahead and did require additional surgery, but he made a fully informed decision.
ghilt

Cataract Surgery

Post by ghilt »

Nicole, keep doing your Google search. I had surgery done about eight months ago and am reasonably satisfied. Before surgery I was extreemly nearsighted on the left and slightly on the right (shooting eye) as well as a fair amount of astigmatism in both eyes. As one of the prior replies mentioned, with the right lens insert both near/far sighted and astigmatism can be corrected. I asked my Dr. about using such an insert but he would not, based on his experience with having to correct previous operations where the insert had shifted and changed the axis of the astigmatism. So I'm still wearing glasses to correct the astigmatism and may require YAG surgery to clear some residual glare. Another possibility is lazer surgery to fix the astigmatism. Will probably leave well enough alone - been wearing glasses for sixty years - whats a few more!!

The surgery has not affected pistol shooting. Get the right correction to sharpen the front sight and away you go! -Good luck- ghilt
Michael

Bextra warning

Post by Michael »

Pfizer has recenty announced they will most likely add a black box warning to Bextra about Stevens Johnson Syndrome. Bextra is marketed by Pharmacia Corporation and Pfizer Inc. in America. In November 2004, an associate director of science in the FDA's office of drug safety informed a Senate committee that Bextra
was not safe.
Fred Mannis

Re: Bextra warning

Post by Fred Mannis »

Michael wrote:Pfizer has recenty announced they will most likely add a black box warning to Bextra about Stevens Johnson Syndrome. Bextra is marketed by Pharmacia Corporation and Pfizer Inc. in America. In November 2004, an associate director of science in the FDA's office of drug safety informed a Senate committee that Bextra
was not safe.
Michael,
What is Stevens Johnson syndrome?
Also the link you posted is not working.
2650 Plus

catarac surgery

Post by 2650 Plus »

Had the proceedure done seven days ago. My right [shooting] eye is still a little blurry but improving every day . Pistol sights are square again and I can see through an apperture again and see a round rear hole in the sight along with a round front apperture as well. It aint great but its a lot better than before the lens replacement. One thing I did not expect is that I have an apparent improvement in the non shooting eye as well. I expect it is from a better ballance between the eyes and less eye strain,but that is just my best guess. I am heading for the range to turn my night lights on and pop some caps Good Shooting Bill Horton

Post by Guest »

Fred - when ever that happens (link not working) - take the dot com name and use that only - leaving off the forward slash, plus lpus words that come afterwards. Usually that gets you to the site you want. Works in the BEXTRA case.