Rapid fire pistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Gort

Rapid fire pistol

Post by Gort »

Can anyone identify this rapid fire pistol. I am unfamiliar with it.
Thanks, Gort
Attachments
Rapid Fire Pistol
Rapid Fire Pistol
Guest 34

identify this rapid fire pistol.....

Post by Guest 34 »

I think this is Russian model MC???

Post by Guest »

This does look like a Skorpion series Machine pistol - but who knows??
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

From the EC forms at the Sydney World Cup: either MЦ-57-1 (RUS team) or ИЖ-XP-31 (Petriv UKR) 'standard' pistol

In discussions, I have been told that when the RFP rules changed to .22lr, some of these MU-57-1 were taken from the RUS armoury, cleaned and issued. Given the age of these pistols (30 years?) and the scores the RUS shooters are achieving in RGP, it's the shooter that counts, not the pistol!

Spencer
Mike T.

Comment on pistol in photo

Post by Mike T. »

From the monitor behind the shooter showing a rapid fire target, the inner-ten shot hole looks to be of centre-fire calibre - if the target is at 25m (if the target is closer, it could be a .22 hole). That is a monster size magazine though, just to be .22 caliber!
Mike T.
Mike T.

further

Post by Mike T. »

Upon further examination of the image, I conclude that the shot hole is in the ten-ring, but it is not an inner ten.
Mike T.
scerir

Post by scerir »

Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Alifirenko (in the photo) used a MЦ-57-1 at Sydney WC

Spencer
Mike T.

Oops

Post by Mike T. »

So the pistol is .22 calibre - confirmed by scerir and Spencer. So the shot hole must be .22 calibre. Wonderful how I can lead myself astray when I don't gather all the facts :-(
Still, a most interesting pistol. Apparently no under-barrel recoil dampers of the style fitted to the Pardini used by Schumann(sp?).
On a slightly different tack: Assuming the monitors behind Alifirenko pertain to his targets, is Rapid Fire scoring being done electronically on simulated targets or are real targets used and the monitor merely shows a close-up view of a particular target? (As I've mentioned before, I don't get out much and the most sophisticated scoring system with which I have experience is manual scoring of turning targets.)
Mike T.
Spencer

Re: Oops

Post by Spencer »

Mike T. wrote:So the pistol is .22 calibre - confirmed by scerir and Spencer. So the shot hole must be .22 calibre. Wonderful how I can lead myself astray when I don't gather all the facts :-(
Still, a most interesting pistol. Apparently no under-barrel recoil dampers of the style fitted to the Pardini used by Schumann(sp?).
On a slightly different tack: Assuming the monitors behind Alifirenko pertain to his targets, is Rapid Fire scoring being done electronically on simulated targets or are real targets used and the monitor merely shows a close-up view of a particular target? (As I've mentioned before, I don't get out much and the most sophisticated scoring system with which I have experience is manual scoring of turning targets.)
Mike T.
Mike

re dampers, etc. - maybe it's the shooter that counts, not the pistol!

That's Sius Ascor electronics - 'real targets'. There is nothing simulated (as in electronic trainers)

Spencer
rapid2

Sergei's pistol

Post by rapid2 »

Discussion seemed familiair, found this in the archives:

"Up to new rules Alifirenko shot from "Khaidurov" HR-79 (long barrel, rear-side magazine), from this pistol he has won Olympic "gold" in 2000 and "bronze" in 2004 (and won some more tens other competitions). Now Sergey shoots from M (in russian mu) Z-57-1, it's a unique Russian standard pistol of a high class (IZH-35M in Russia is considered a pistol for beginning and world class shooters do not shoot from it).
But, I think, that in the near future Sergey will replace the pistol. I know that Efim Khaidurov already developed a new standard pistol specially for Sergey. And this pistol has long barrel and rear-side magazine."

I do agree Alifirenko is a "great shooter", but thinking russian shooters would use rubish equipement is slightly naive!

Cheers,
Bob