13mm Scope rings? with a stop

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

ddmann

13mm Scope rings? with a stop

Post by ddmann »

I picked up an older HW50S a few months ago that has the 13mm rails, currently I have a Beeman sports aperture sight on but my old eyes sure would prefer a scope. I did find some B-Squre mounts that were designed for a BSA but once I opened the package I could see that the supplied "steel recoil pin" was far too tiny to act as an effective stop.

All of which leads to my subject line. Are there any 13mm scope rings out there with an integral scop stop? I should also mention I found a gentleman in England selling 1 piece Apel mounts, however at $155 before shipping I am not too interested.

I should add I do most of my shooting in my garage so I don't upset my neighbors distance to target is approx. 24 feet. (did I mention old eyes!)
jrmcdaniel

Post by jrmcdaniel »

The majority of field target http://www.aafta.org shooters use BKL mounts for both piston and PCP guns. The mounts grip tightly enough that you do not really need a stop.

Joe McDaniel
DIFTA Match Director
ddmann

been there done that

Post by ddmann »

I have already contacted BKL. I forget the model # right now, but they do have a 14mm mount. I emailed them to see if it was appropiate for my gun. Their response was honest and to the point, guaranteeing failure of the mount, (splitting) after a short period. At this time they do not offer any mounts for the older HW's. However, If I am willing to wait 3 -6 months a custom mount could be built, but without any mention of the price I am reluctant to call back.

Post by Guest »

I have Sportsmatch two piece mounts in stock to suit old HW's.They are High and have the stop pin.
Regards,
Lewis Reinhold
Beeman Australia
jrmcdaniel

Post by jrmcdaniel »

BKL used to not charge extra for custom work like this.

Other sources are Tim at mac1airguns.com, Airguns of Arizona, and Pyramyd. The good airgun dealers have been down this route many times.

Best,

Joe