10 METER SHOOTING CLUBS IN NEW YORK CITY

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

hank2222

10 METER SHOOTING CLUBS IN NEW YORK CITY

Post by hank2222 »

for my new job i will be moveing to new-york city in next few months i would like to find a shooting club that shoot the 10.meter airirfle
pgfaini

Post by pgfaini »

Hank, I hope I'm wrong, but I think theres a ban on air rifles in New York City. It may only be "BB guns", but you may want to check.

Paul
AAlex

Post by AAlex »

1. No air pistols.
2. No air rifles.
3. No handguns. (Yes, there are exceptions if you're Donald Trump, etc)
4. Only one range to shoot. Oh wait no you can't shoot there because you're not even allowed to touch a firearm without a license. Good luck getting one (see #3)

P.S. If you have a pepper spray for self defense you can't bring that in either.

If you decide to bring your air rifle with you anyway, planning to practice at home only, thinking that even if LE finds out about it they won't throw you in jail for that, nullifying any chances of getting a semi-decent job afterwards - well, you might as well be right about that.

I wouldn't do it, however. Come to New York, that is.
pgfaini

Post by pgfaini »

That's why I'm now living in North Carolina. (And as a retired police officer, I had free lifetime unrestricted carry permits).

One other thing, in NYC in order to purchase or posess one of the few long guns that haven't been banned as "assault weapons", You've got to apply for a permit. Just $150 + 2 passport photos!
I'd move to one of the suburbs, Nassau or Suffolk counties on Long Island, or Westchester Putnum or Orange counties upstate, definitely not within NYC limits.

http://www.nysrpa.org/nygunlaws.htm

Paul
Slowstdy

Post by Slowstdy »

Hank
There ia a number of clubs in NJ, and one on Staten Island.
hank2222

AIRRIFLE CLUBS IN NEW YORK CITY

Post by hank2222 »

my job has a section that makes us live in the city so we can be johnny on the spot when it has to be as need wikk try call the nypd on monday to get the lics as it needed but looking at the rent for a studio in the city and i thought being tranferred to the land of fuits and nuts of cal then comeing up for texas where my airrifle did not even get a second look
hell my ar-15-or brenchrest rifle did not even get a second look when i go to my brenchrest match the local poloice officers wound stop by and talk to about what you are shooting when bad weather happened they want to help defend the area for looting and other crimes in the area
i wish i could be sent back to texas but the people i work for like to send to diff citys to work
Nicole Hamilton

Re: AIRRIFLE CLUBS IN NEW YORK CITY

Post by Nicole Hamilton »

hank2222 wrote:comeing up for texas where my airrifle did not even get a second look hell my ar-15-or brenchrest rifle did not even get a second look
Is it possible you could live in NYC but store your guns outside the city, near or at the range where you expect to do most of your shooting?
Jose Rossy

Post by Jose Rossy »

I would definitely turn that job down.

There are a couple of other states that fall on that list as well.