EEZOX

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

pgfaini

EEZOX

Post by pgfaini »

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience regarding EEZOX gun oil? I Googled it and it seems it's a synthetic oil. My son's obtained a quart of it and was inquiring as to it's quality. I was wondering, since it's a synthetic, it's suitability for air guns as compared to TSI-301.
Paul
Fred Mannis

Re: EEZOX

Post by Fred Mannis »

pgfaini wrote:Does anyone have any knowledge or experience regarding EEZOX gun oil? I Googled it and it seems it's a synthetic oil. My son's obtained a quart of it and was inquiring as to it's quality. I was wondering, since it's a synthetic, it's suitability for air guns as compared to TSI-301.
Paul
Here's the site: http://www.eezox.com/faqs.html. Not much technical info. Sounds like a synthetic, but doesn't quite say that. I have used it on my firearms - both to wipe down the metal as well as run a patch to coat the barrel. Seems to work OK, but so do ten others. I am sticking to TSI-301, TSI-321 and Beeman MP5 and UltraLube for my air guns
pgfaini

Post by pgfaini »

Thanks Fred, My son bought a Shure Shot spray lubricator, and a qt. of this oil was included. The name rang a bell, but I couldn't find it in any of my catalogs. Thought it might have some value in air guns.

Paul
Walter Young

Post by Walter Young »

I just held a q-tip full of it over the stove burner. It doesn't burn.

I use it all the time for cleaning my 22. It seems to clean as good or better than the other cleaners I've tried.

It's an excellent rust preventative.
I did a rust test with the lubes and greases that I had in my shooting gear box.
I cleaned the metal slices with acetone and then wiped each piece down and put it on the roof, out in the sun and rain for about a month. Admittedly, some of these are not formulated as rust preventers.
Eezox, Boeshield and CorrosionX all lasted the longest, with a very slight advantage to the Eezox. I think they all just wore off at around the same time.