Beijing Olympics

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

David Levene

Beijing Olympics

Post by David Levene »

In case anyone is lucky enough to be planning a spectator trip, tickets for Beijing 2008 are now on sale.

I haven't yet spotted a schedule and price list in English but would imagine that one will appear soon.

Post by Guest »

its not really on sale from the looks of it you apply and ballot will decide who gets to buy the tickets(thats if applicants number more than available seats).

but i guess most of us can forget about it. only those living in china are eligible(not even those in hong kong and macau can apply). it further adds that those outside of china should inquire about ticketing from you own local Olympic council(? not sure if council is the right word)

if you want to move to china to join in the balloting you better start planning soon. the application period ends in june.

Post by Guest »

8/8/08 is the opening ceremony. great date as 8 is auspicious(guess you guys already knew huh). 20:00-24:00

tickets are at 50yuan each or about 6.5 us dollars

9/8/08 10 m air pistol men and 10m air rifle women (qualifications, finals, prize presentation), skeet men qualifications 08:30-15:50

10/8/08 skeet men, 10m air pistol women qualifications, finals, prize presentation) 09:00-16:15

11/8/08 10m air rifle men, skeet women (qualifications, finals, prize presentation) 09:00-16:15

thats all for today im knocking off work soon.
Bill Poole

Post by Bill Poole »

I know 8 is an auspicious number that's why I shoot so many of them

Poole