FWB AW93 ammo choices

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
truckee

FWB AW93 ammo choices

Post by truckee »

What are people liking in their AW93's? Both for match and something less expensive for training.
Tim_T

Post by Tim_T »

I have found that it will give excellent results with just about anything you want to feed it. At the moment I use CCI paper box. and it works fine, just make sure that you clean the crud from around the feed ramp and you wont have any problems.
truckee

Post by truckee »

Thanks Tim. Anybody else?
Mike T.

AW93 ammo

Post by Mike T. »

Principally, I use Lapua Standard Club and Eley Target Pistol in my AW93, but I've also used PMC Scoremaster, CCI SV (paper box), and Federal 711. As the gun gets dirty, the 711 will begin to not fully chamber. The AW93 has a tighter chamber than my other target pistols and some Remington SV (green/blue paper box) and some old Winchester T22 that I have requires quite a heavy push just to seat it in the chamber. I do not use these latter two in the AW93.
Mike T.
Pradeep5

Post by Pradeep5 »

Had good performance from the SK Magazine in the cans of 500. No jams during practice/match over a couple of cases worth. I believe this is the same as the Lapua Standard Club (but more lube on the rounds).
David Gray

Ammo for AW93

Post by David Gray »

I have owned a Feinwerkbau AW93 for about 9 months. In that period I have shot 6950 rounds. Ammunition tried includes Federal Gold Match, Lapua Standard and Midas L, CCI Green Tag & White Box and RWS Rifle Match & Pistol Match. In the safe I have some new RWS C25 and 250 but I have not yet tried them.

I have never had a misfire. The AW93 works well with any of the above but really performs excellently with RWS Pistol Match. Lapua Midas L is lovely (almost no jump/recoil) but is very expensive. In Australia it is about $20 a box of 50 rounds. The RWS Pistol Match is about $7 a box of 50 and is nearly as nice as the Midas. The Rifle Match is consistent but has a lot more recoil than Pistol Match. It is fine in precision but much more difficult in 20sec and 10sec strings.

I sometimes get a bit complacent about how nice a combination the AW93 and RWS Pistol Match is and then I will shoot one of my other pistols with different ammo. I love this pistol! BTW I now use a KN grip and not the standard grip.

I hope this helps

Dave

Post by Guest »

Thanks everyone.
I'm going to try CCI pistol match, green tag, and SV for now.
Bill Freyfogle

Ammo for FWB AW93

Post by Bill Freyfogle »

I've had mine for 7 or 8 years. It likes all the European ammo and is highly reliable. The current crop of CCI Std Velocity ammo has too much lube on them and I don't reommend it for this gun any more. The only other ammo I've had problems with is the Aguilla ammo. I currently shoot the RWS Rifle Match because I got a good deal on it. I've had good success with PMC Scoremaster, Federal, and of course all the Eley ammo.
Bill
Mellberg

Post by Mellberg »

8 years!? Has it been out on the market for that long? I thought it was a newer pistol than that?
Pradeep5

Post by Pradeep5 »

Come to think of it, I did buy mine in 1999 or 2000. Time flies when you are having fun.
Mellberg

Post by Mellberg »

Hehe, indeed it does. =)