Need info on CO2 bulk fill fittings

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Need info on CO2 bulk fill fittings

Post by Guest »

1. Where can I find a bulk fill adapter to fill a FWB C60 cylinder from my bulk fill station that fills Daisy 888 cylinders (same as paintball bottles). The euro style thread is smaller. I found an adapter at wal-mart that goes from Large paintball to a smaller paintball cylinder but the small side was too small. I tried pilkington, champs choice, champion shooters, neal johnson, Creedmoor, Beeman. None had it in stock and it would take a while to get in - assume that means and order coming from Germany.

2. Am I correct in assuming that all the old CO2 guns from Anschutz, FWB, Hammerli, and Walther would have had the same cylinder side fitting size?

3. Would anybody have a adapter fitting or old fill station around that I could buy?????

thanks
Todd
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

If your talking about the pistol cyclinder side I beleive most were proprietory to the manufacture and even model. Call FWB they could probably drop one in the mail for you.
TWP

Post by TWP »

I bought a fill adapter at Neal J's for my FWB C60, bhe adapter screws onto the C60's tanks, but the adapter doesn't connect to the bulk CO2 tank we use for filling our 888's.

Sounds like the same problem Todd has.

When I called Neal J's about it they said that any plumbing supply shop should have the necessary fittings to adapt the tank and fill adapter.

I have this Friday off of work and was going to swing by and get our CO2 tank filled anyway's so I'll be searching for the right fittings to make things work.

Todd if I find anything I'll post it here.
reaboy

co2 fill adapter

Post by reaboy »

Thanks.....I'll be watching

Todd
TWP

Post by TWP »

Todd,

I bought my fill adapter from Neal Johnson's. they have a part number listed as 3418300012. Looks like this:

Here it is with the CO2 cylinder:

Problem is with the little plastic filter thingy in place it won't fit on the CO2 Tank. From talking with the paintball guys you want to filter your CO2.

If you remove the filter it fits on the tank:

I'm ordering some parts from Cramer Decker http://www.cramerdecker.com/ so that the filter can be used.

When they come in I'll add some pictures and how It works.

Tom
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

What are you filtering out of your CO2? Just curious.
TWP

Post by TWP »

Richard H wrote:What are you filtering out of your CO2? Just curious.
Things other than CO2 I guess.
reaboy

CO2 adapter

Post by reaboy »

Thanks much Tom. I will be ordering something soon. I may try to use a T fitting so I can split it and do the FWB on one leg, and the fill station for the Daisy on the other.

Thanks
Todd
TWP

Post by TWP »

I saw the air filling station at the club in Palmyra a while back. I really liked it they had some big air tanks feeding a manifold with adapters for all the major rifle types. Really nice!

Anyhow lots of cool stuff in the Cramer Decker catalog and prices seemed pretty cheap too!.

Post by Guest »

Youre filtering out dirt rust and other crud that gets in the bulk tanks, it doesnt make much of a difference to a welder, but target pistols and rifles dont like it too much.
TWP

Post by TWP »

Anonymous wrote:Youre filtering out dirt rust and other crud that gets in the bulk tanks, it doesnt make much of a difference to a welder, but target pistols and rifles dont like it too much.
That's pretty much what the guy at the paintball shop said.

I figured that if FWB put a filter in their adapter it was probably there for a reason and I was better off using it if at all possible.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

As CO2 is also used in the food industry I wouldn't care for it either. The tanks still need inspections who fills rusty tanks?

Post by Guest »

Food service tanks are generally required to be stainless. Beyond that tanks are only required to have a interior visual inspection annualy, otherwise before you crack off the valve, you dont know what the inside looks like.