Boots

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

rjl227

Boots

Post by rjl227 »

Looking for peoples opinions on shooting boots, if you have any information to add, please do, it would be greatly appreciated.

I shoot 3-P and 4-P .22cal competitions, and was looking for advice on new boots.

The three I am looking into are:

AHG Stenvaags,
Sauer Perfects,
or the new Kurt Thune Evolution Standing.

Thanks in advance.
peepsight

Boots

Post by peepsight »

Hi

The makes of boot you mentioned are all top class, but you should also consider Gehman and Kusterman.

Its worth considering that some (not all) boot manufacturers offer different size/shape insoles so you can anotomically fit the foot to the boot. This is probably of more use in the standing position.

Your foot should be a snug but not tight fit in the boot and it is recommended that you have between 1 and 2 centimetres of space between your big toe and toe cap of the boot. You must avoid having the big toe pressing up against the end of the boot.

Some boots such as Kurt Thune are on the narrow side where as the Sauer are of slightly wider fit. You need to try on many before you decide.

Also use a pair of socks that are typical of the type you would use for shooting, perfereably ones that are of natural fibres rather than man made.

Peepsight
WRC

Post by WRC »

I finally had to go to Camp Perry and try on all the boots that the vendors had. It's just like shopping for everyday clothing! Different brands have different fits. I see lots of Stenvaags & Lady Stenvaags on the firing lines. (As a lady shooter, I found that the Lady Stenvaag was the widest boot that fit me well, so that's what I bought). As long as the insole is removable, you can always replace it with any one of the wonderful aftermarket insoles, or even use one from your favorite athletic shoe.
Coach Paula, Wheaton Rifle Club
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

I'm dealing with a Swiss company for pistol shoes, I was very impressed with their construction and they have been great to deal with, you might want to check out their rifle boots too.

www.corami.ch