help selecting new canvas coat...please

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

coolcruiser

help selecting new canvas coat...please

Post by coolcruiser »

It is time to buy a good new "journeyman" level smallbore 3P coat. I am looking at the AHG standard or leather standard or the Thune TL1. Perhaps there is another coat that is in the $150-175 range that my shooting colleagues out there could recommend (and a dealer to buy it from). It seems advantagious that there be some suede for the support arm to rest against...maybe there are some other critical details that need to be included too. TIA
MissGuns22

Post by MissGuns22 »

Most definately go with the Thune. it may be more pricey but youll have a longer lasting and much more sturdy jacket. Plus the advantages of having a custom suit are far more than those of one off the rack.
B.T.Carstensen

Post by B.T.Carstensen »

MissGuns22 wrote:Most definately go with the Thune. it may be more pricey but youll have a longer lasting and much more sturdy jacket. Plus the advantages of having a custom suit are far more than those of one off the rack.
Not all Thune is custom coolcruiser said that he was looking for something is the $150-175 range it's going to be tough to have a custom jacket for that price.

You may want look into the gehmann jacket,it's in your price range.
I was talking to James Hall at the JSU match(he was my counselor at the CMP camp), I ask him when he thought it was time to get a custom suit and what suit he recommend. He said that Monard and Kurt Thune but he also mentioned that for off the rack gehmann was just as good as anything else.

<>Brian<>
Last edited by B.T.Carstensen on Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RyanIntershoot

Post by RyanIntershoot »

I must agree with the last poster. The expensive Thunes are the best money can buy, the cheaper range is no better (perhaps even not as good) as Gehmann and ahg.

Sauer and Kustermann (now part of ahg) are also good but don't pass Gehmann by without a look. The 401 jacket they make will rival anything of Thune, and the 404 is fantastic for the price.

Ryan
Intershoot