Sauer Sling vs. AHG Sling

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

rjl227

Sauer Sling vs. AHG Sling

Post by rjl227 »

I'm looking into buying a new sling. I want one with the micro adjuster to tighten in position. I need some advice from shooters that have used or own either the Sauer Exakt II or the AHG Swing Sling. Thanks.
RyanIntershoot

Post by RyanIntershoot »

Both very good slings, I've used both.

I thought the Swing was slighly superior as the adjuster is more 'swivelled' than the Sauer which I found to be very rigid, and having any area of a sling rigid can be uncomfortable.

Both had similar levels of adjustment.

I personally thought them a good idea until I got them, then realised that once in position and happy with the length, I rarely used the adjustment feature.

The adjustment range is not large enough to use to swap between disciplines so I found the adjuster obsolete very quickly.

Gehmann also make one and I think thats the best of the lot, the adjuster is on a complete 360 swivel which works well, bt again, I tried it and found I didn't really need the adjuster once I was happy.

I think its one of the things you look at and think " Thats a great idea - I must get one" and then you never use it.

I'm using a System Gemini Activ sling and wouldn't swap it (and I must have tried them all by now)

Ryan
Intershoot
rjl227

Post by rjl227 »

I also use the Sytem Gemini sling, but since I'm only about 5'8.. the sling is too long for me and the wire part wraps around my wrist at the bottom of my glove. I have the sling on the shortest length it will go, but its still too long, this is why I need a new sling and was looking at the adjustable ones.

Also, if you have tried any of the Thune slings, could you give me some feedback on those? Thanks alot.
Southpaw

Post by Southpaw »

I've got a Sauer sling and it is definitely shorter than a Thune.

SP
coolcruiser

Thune Sling

Post by coolcruiser »

The Thune double buckle sling is a very versatile and useful sling. The holes are placed very close together so small adjustments are easily accomplished and the sling can be written on with magic marker to number the holes for reference. The material is synthetic so the sling never stretches out of shape. I have used it for three years and find it much superior to the AHG sling for solid support and predictable position. The only negative is that I have to break position to change settings.
MissGuns22

Post by MissGuns22 »

im stickin with the sauer

Post by Guest »

rjl227 wrote:I also use the Sytem Gemini sling, but since I'm only about 5'8.. the sling is too long for me and the wire part wraps around my wrist at the bottom of my glove. I have the sling on the shortest length it will go, but its still too long, this is why I need a new sling and was looking at the adjustable ones.

Also, if you have tried any of the Thune slings, could you give me some feedback on those? Thanks alot.
Have you tried e-mailing HPS? Robert Knibbs, Mr System Gemini, is very helpful when it comes to his products. He's about your height, so he may be able to help.

Tim S

Exeter

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:
rjl227 wrote:I also use the Sytem Gemini sling, but since I'm only about 5'8.. the sling is too long for me and the wire part wraps around my wrist at the bottom of my glove. I have the sling on the shortest length it will go, but its still too long, this is why I need a new sling and was looking at the adjustable ones.

Have you tried e-mailing HPS? Robert Knibbs, Mr System Gemini, is very helpful when it comes to his products. He's about your height, so he may be able to help.

Tim S

Exeter
Actually, my Dad is the importer to the United States for System Gemini, and we haven't figured out a way to make it any shorter.
RyanIntershoot

Post by RyanIntershoot »

The wrist strap, the bit at your hand can be shortened, if you are the importer it should have come with instructions how to do it, I can email you it if you like (I'm an HPS stockist too)

You just remove the two black screws and shorten/legthen the strap until the wire just starts where your glove leaves off. That sling was designed especially with shorter people in mind so I can't see how it wouldn't work.

You can move the black screws on all the other parts of the sling too to make it even shorter.

If you want the instructions PM me with your email.

Ryan
Intershoot
rjl227

Post by rjl227 »

I've already moved all the black screws as short as they would go..

Parts A and B are both as short as they can be.. but it's C that wraps around my wrist.
Attachments
AKTIV.JPG
AKTIV.JPG (10.6 KiB) Viewed 2577 times

Post by Guest »

Ah I see the wire section is too long. Could you not adjust the arm cuff or buckle to make the strap shorter bringing the wire back a bit?

I'd still recommend asking knibbs.

Tim S

Exeter