Rocky Mountain prone scores - Tamas ties National Record.

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

metermatch

Rocky Mountain prone scores - Tamas ties National Record.

Post by metermatch »

Can't help you with all of the scores, but on Friday that damn Tom Tamas shot a perfect 600 prone! That guy is shooting great. I heard there were a couple of 599's, and I remember Steve Goff had shot a 596 and a 598. Matt Emmons had a 598 Friday.

I think Martinov shot a 595 Friday.

Good matches, but I had to leave to get home, so I didn't see the finals, scheduled for today.

David Johnson told me there were 90 comptitors.

USAShooting puts on a really well run match.

Matches were running from 8:30 am to past 6:30 pm on some nights. Upper and lower levels. I got in 3 days of practice before the matches.

The new electronic targets are fantastic. No spotting scopes needed!

The computer system shows results as they happen in the USAS lobby. Worked great. They even handed you a computer printout showing a bull with how your shots placed, in strings of ten. (6 separate bulls for English Match 60 shots). The scores are given to you down to the tenth, like a finals, such as 9.6, or 10.7. I had waaaay too many 9.9's!

If anyone can complain about a match at the OTC, then there is no pleasing them. I seems some here like to bad-mouth USAS any chance they get. Yeah, I know there are a few problems here and there.

In case anybody cares, I did lousy.................. That is what happens when you don't practice for 16 years.

Jeff