Anschutz 2001 superair

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Nano

Anschutz 2001 superair

Post by Nano »

To the forum:

I want to know if is possible to improve the velocity in these model of rifle.

Thank You,

Nano

PD. I live in La Paz, Bolivia, at 3600 meters above the sea level, here we have less oxigen in the air, and all the machines have a lost of power.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

I'm a little confused at altitude you have less oxygen ,I agree but the air volume is the same (partial pressure of gases). Less oxygen affects things like combustion engines, but it should have no effect on compressed air. I could be wrong.
TargetTerror

Post by TargetTerror »

There is less air in general at altitude. That means there is less oxygen, but also less CO2, Nitrogen, and whatever else is in the air. All of these gases are compressed when an SSP is cocked. If there is less air to begin with, then there is going to be less pressure in the cylinder.

As for you specific question, I doubt that there is a way to adjust the velocity. I don't think there is any adjustment to velocity that a user can do.

Just thinking from my basic physics class in high school, you would have to increase the compression in the cylinder to increase your pressure. that means you'd have to alter the travel of the piston somehow to make it longer, or shorten the cylinder somehow. If you are going to do that, you might as well just buy a PCP. It will be much less of a hassle, and much safer as you won't run the risk of the charged cylinder in your 2001 exploding because you messed around with it.

Then again, i could be completely wrong... :) Anyone else have any ideas?
Nano

Post by Nano »

TargetTerror:

Thank you for your post.
I really want to know if these rifle have a screw to increase the velocity, like many match pistols have.

If I buy a pistol with 520 fps of velocity in the factory (maybe in Germany), I take out of the box here in the altitude, and make a meassurement of the velocity and maybe I make a chrono about 480 fps or less.
The cars have a lost of 30% of here power, included electrical motors have a lost of power.

Thank you again,

Nano