Which of these 3 pistols?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Which of these 3 pistols?

Post by Guest »

Which would you pick between these three and why?

Walther CP2

Pardini K60

FWB C10
Mike Taylor

Picking

Post by Mike Taylor »

I'd pick the CP2. Why? Because I am unfamiliar with the other two pistols.
If you are making a survey, your question is legitimate. On the other hand, if you are trying to decide which pistol you should get, then I think you are asking the wrong question. In this latter case, your question should be,"Which pistol do I (meaning you) shoot best?".
You need to try them. Let me illustrate: Some (many) years ago when I was first introduced to air pistol, I had a choice between a used Feinwerkbau model 65 and the latest Walther target model. Both were the same price.
Both pistols were given to me to try. I shot them alternately for a couple of weeks. I liked the feel of the Walther better, particularly the grip. I liked other features of the Walther better, too (can't remember which now). However, at the end of the trial period, it was clear that I shot better scores with the Feinwerkbau than with the Walther. So I bought the Fwb - and never regretted my decision. Was the Fwb the better pistol? In my hand, yes; but others shot better with the Walther.
The three pistols you list are quality guns which, assuming each is in good condition, are capable of shooting winning scores - in the right hands. You just need to determine which one is right for your hand.
Spencer

Re: Which of these 3 pistols?

Post by Spencer »

Anonymous wrote:Which would you pick between these three and why?

Walther CP2

Pardini K60

FWB C10

In order:

1 The one that has acceptable reliability (minimum 100 000+ rounds out of the box without ANY problems - i.e. 2 or 3 matches + dry firing per week for about 4-5 years)

2 One that will fit your hand (after a REAL grip maker fits it to YOUR hand)

3 Which one does your coach recommend?

4 If you only want to look at it - one that you think looks pretty

Regards

Spencer
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

I'm not familiar with the other two, but I'd be very careful about the Walther. Make sure you can get it serviced & can get parts. I had a CP1, and I could no longer get service parts over ten years ago. Walther isn't very good about maintaining a supply of parts for pistols that are no longer made, and I doubt that the situation has improved.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Gwhite wrote:I'm not familiar with the other two, but I'd be very careful about the Walther. Make sure you can get it serviced & can get parts. I had a CP1, and I could no longer get service parts over ten years ago. Walther isn't very good about maintaining a supply of parts for pistols that are no longer made, and I doubt that the situation has improved.
I shot with a guy that just had his CP1 serviced here in Canada about a year ago so...
kbc

FWB

Post by kbc »

I used to own a FWB C20 and one of my college shooting buddies has a C10. If you don't mind a heavier barrel gun, then go for the C10. FWB makes long lasting and reliable wepons. We never have any problem with ours and club's FWB air pistols. Just make sure that you are shooting your CO2 weapon at the normal temperature range. When the CO2 cylinder is exposed to direct sunlight in the summer, the muzzle velocity may become inconsistant to the point that sometimes you can see the pellet propelling towards the target - which also depends on the air to liquid phase ratio inside the cylinder. I don't remember the pros and cons of CO2 weapon. If you do a google search, I am sure you will find them. However, if I remember correctly, I think the world record in air pistol was shot with a FWB Model 2 in 1989.

Happy shooting.
kbc