Walther LG 300 XT

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Frank

Walther LG 300 XT

Post by Frank »

I know most of you guys are FWB and Anschutz guys but whats the real down side of the Walther XT Have a chance to purchase one and want to know if its a mistake or not Thanks

Post by 10.9 »

Quite honestly I have never shot the gun, however I can tell you this, whatever gun you buy will perform pretty much the same as any other top quality gun. As long as you go through and take the time to get it properly adjusted and you like the feel and are comfortable with it you will do fine with anything you buy. Mainly once you get into the top quality rifles it isn't about which one shoots better, because they all shoot great (better the shooter in most cases) , it's the feel.

Also make sure the gun looks good and goes with your outfit and other equipment as far as color and style go. If you are going to shoot good might just as well look good doing it.
Slowstdy

The best

Post by Slowstdy »

If you don't want it put him on to me I’ll take it. I had Styer and Anschutz sold them all, still got the walthers, most accurate guns I’ve had.

Love it

Post by Guest »

I have had a Walther for a little under a year and I am still the weak link of the combination shooting about 565 (standing)
BOOKER

Post by BOOKER »

I thinkn that you can't go wrong with any of the big names.

If you like it, go for it, and enjoy it.
WaltherWill

Post by WaltherWill »

When buying a precision air rifle, you really have to do your homework (guess that's what this topic is for). When I bought a Walther Lg 300 Xt, the only downside my family and I could find is a slight deficiency of good history. Anschutz has a huge history of Olympic medals and records and such and this proveness is why many people pay extra for the Anschutz. Not that Walther has never won anything (I think they pretty much dominated pistol not too long ago), it's just the background is not as extensive. I have also heard stories of poor service from Walther as well as lack of available parts though never experienced any problems. Either way, I opted for a little uniqueness and a lot less price (walther comes with sights and a case) and have been very satisfied. In fact i recently bought the KK300 as well.
Good Luck with any rifle you end up with
Professor

Post by Professor »

I've owned a LG300 XT for less than 2 years. Love it. Since I belong on a team and also shoot at home, I have fired over 20,000 rounds through it so far. I have had 100% reliability with it, and it's still shooting like a new rifle. Accuracy, fine trigger, low air consumption. No regrets.
peepsight

Which rifle

Post by peepsight »

Hi
Its worth knowing that the FWB, Anschutz and Steyr are loaded by hand, that is you place the pellet in the breech with your fingers. Walther and Hammerlie are probe loaded, that is you place the pellet in the 'U' shaped channel and it is pushed into the breech by a probe.

Some shooters prefer one system over the other, its a personal thing.

Air capacity (number of shots per filling) differs quite a lot between the makes. FWB are the least with approx 260 shots, Walther are the highest with over 600 shots if you fill to 300 bar. Steyr are very good at 480 shots at 200 bar.

We in the UK have lets say had better service from Steyr, FWB and Anschutz with the other 2 not as good. It seems that since UMEREX have taken over Walther and Hammerlie for that matter, it has been more difficult to deal with Walther. Lets say that FWB, Steyr & Anschutz are always very helpful with advice and spares.

Having said all that Walther have had a revival over recent years with some winners medals round the world.

Peepsight
isuguncoach

Post by isuguncoach »

Coach a team of juniors thru collegiate. Shoot Walthers exclusively, easier to have one type of air rifle to maintain and learn. The team has 8 XTs and have shot for 6 years. Not a single problem, and they do shoot better than our club membership. If you get an XT be sure to find the pellet that it shots best. We had to look at several brands to find the one type and size that works best.

Joe
WaltherWill

Post by WaltherWill »

We had to look at several brands to find the one type and size that works best.
BTW, Did you find each of the XT's to like the same brand and size of pellets or do they have individual favorites. If you found a pattern, could you share it with me? I've found that mine likes 4.49 better than 4.50 but i haven't had a chance to try each brand yet, though I probably will before the Palmyra Invitational in January. Any information you could give me to expediate the process would help.
isuguncoach

Post by isuguncoach »

We found that the 4.495 Vogel works best. Thats after working with 4 different brands and 3 different sizes. Very consistant, and close groups.

Joe
Guestxxx

quality and finishes of the new Walther

Post by Guestxxx »

The quality and finishes of the new Walther air rifles and air pistols SUCKS. If you have a chance to look at some of the older Walther models up close and personal, your will see the difference. Go look at the LGM-2 and some of the older CO2 pistols from Walther, and you know what I mean. Even the latest FWB P700 is not as well made of the previous FWB such as the P70 and 603. Anschutz seems like the only one of the 3 that maintain the same level of craftsmanship.
WaltherWill

Post by WaltherWill »

The quality and finishes of the new Walther air rifles and air pistols SUCKS
Please explain. The only problem I had with the finish on the Walther is I was getting some glare off the top of the barrel. I just put some flat black tape over the top and never had the problem again.

Thanks isuguncoach, I;ll make sure to order some vogel when I start pellet testing.
B.T.Carstensen

Re: quality and finishes of the new Walther

Post by B.T.Carstensen »

Guestxxx wrote:The quality and finishes of the new Walther air rifles and air pistols SUCKS. If you have a chance to look at some of the older Walther models up close and personal, your will see the difference. Go look at the LGM-2 and some of the older CO2 pistols from Walther, and you know what I mean. Even the latest FWB P700 is not as well made of the previous FWB such as the P70 and 603. Anschutz seems like the only one of the 3 that maintain the same level of craftsmanship.
Do you have a p700 or have you even shot one. I own a P700 and I have shot a p70 and I don't think the quality is any better or worse.
ANS is not the best as far as craftsmanship. Instead of using milled Alu for there stocks they cast them. So they are weaker then the FWB stocks. That do's not mean that I don't like my Ans smallbore rifle I love it.

<>Brian<>
bek

Post by bek »

hi i am a shooter from singapore

i am using a walther lg300xt, but i do not like it much. i find that its CG and entire gun feel is poorer than that of FWB, which i love.

however, there are many people who love this model. narang gagan from india uses this gun too.

still, i must say in olympics 2004 finals there are more FWB than walthers or anshutz.
WaltherWill

probe loading

Post by WaltherWill »

Its worth knowing that the FWB, Anschutz and Steyr are loaded by hand, that is you place the pellet in the breech with your fingers. Walther and Hammerlie are probe loaded, that is you place the pellet in the 'U' shaped channel and it is pushed into the breech by a probe.
I personally like the probe loading. I figure that any of these guns are more precise than I can be, so I might as well let them handle as much as I can.