Hammerli 106

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
shadow

Hammerli 106

Post by shadow »

What are the pros and cons of a Hammerli 106 when compared to the Free Pistols on the market today such as the TOZ, Morini, and Hammerli 150?

Post by Guest »

Spare parts
Ernie Rodriguez

Hammerli 106

Post by Ernie Rodriguez »

The Hammerli 106 is a decent Free Pistol-no worse than the TOZ-35.Larry Carter can repair and probably has spare parts for this pistol-as does Rudy Marent of Houston,Tex.I believe it is more advanced than the Hammerli 150.Hope this helps.Erod
amonkey

hammerli 106

Post by amonkey »

I shot a 106 for about 3 years and it never let me down.
It will shoot more 10's than we can.
On the down side, it is a heavy gun. Most of the weight seems to be in the rear of the gun, so balance might be an issue, depending on the individual. Also, there aren't as many adjustments as found on current Free Pistols.
The trigger on mine was crisp and mechanically speaking, I couldn't have asked for a better gun. I wouldn't mind having another.
Hope this helps.
Neil Foster

Post by Neil Foster »

I have owned a 107 (the deluxe version of the 106) for about 30+ years. I t has never let me down. In contrast my newer 160 has given me fits with broken firing pins. Larry Carter is a wizard on the Hammerli guns and always seems to have the part I might need. Rudy Marent in Houston was the original Hammerli service technician in the USA when Gil Hebard was the distributor some 30+ years ago. My 107 has had 1 firing pin replacement (and a total cleaning and adjustment) only because Rudy thought it a good idea after 30+ years to put in a new one. He is the man on the older Hammerli's and has stock of parts for the older ones. As a master machinist he can make any part too. Larry is the man for the newer Hammerli's and also has a good inventory of parts for the newer ones. As Ernie indicated either is the person to see on the Hammerli, depending on age. I might add that both Hammerli's sport RINK grips, a vast improvement over the factory ones
Neil
Shoot 10.9
Avi H

Post by Avi H »

Can you post Rudy Marent contact info ?
Do you know if he sells 106 parts ? My friend has one and due to broken part the gun is out of service for about two years and it is quite a pitty .

Thanks in advance !!
Neil Foster

Hammerli 106

Post by Neil Foster »

Here is the contact information for Rudy:

Rudolph Marent
9711 Tilltree Street
Houston, TX 77075
Tel: 713-946-7028
email: rmarent@webtv.net

Send him my regards if you get in touch with him Avi, he is a fine gentleman.
Neil
Neil Foster

Hammerli 106

Post by Neil Foster »

I forgot to add, he probably does have 106 parts, as might Larry Carter. But Rudy may surely have them, or can fabicate them.
Neil

Post by Guest »

Thanks !!