Tesro PA 10 German match air pistol .

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Elmas

Tesro PA 10 German match air pistol .

Post by Elmas »

I bought this pistol 'sight unseen' off the net , and am pleased with it.

Can't actually write a review like the one Nicole Hamilton wrote about her PARDINI Free Pistol some time ago , so I'm uploading a zipped file of a review from a UK Magazine for the interest of anyone who cares to have a look.

Elmas

Attachments
scans.zip
The TESRO German AP , worth a look .
(958.98 KiB) Downloaded 1770 times
cdf

Post by cdf »

A young lady at our club has one , it seems a nice piece , she is very happy with it . As with any significant purchase , who has parts , who supports it ?

Chris
Nano

TESRO AIR PISTOL

Post by Nano »

Congratulation Elmas!!!

it is a piece of engineering, of german engineering.
in my country there is none, I would like to prove it.

Nano
Elmas

Post by Elmas »

cdf wrote:
. As with any significant purchase , who has parts , who supports it ?

Chris

I think the problem with a make like this is that unlike the Steyrs and Morinis , Agents and Distributors and of course , more importantly, Service Centers are very limited. I think only the Factory will perform any work on the pistols , but there are several dealers in Germany who can provide spares and accessories.

http://www.tesro.de

Hydrographics Ltd. in the UK are Tesro Agents , but its only a fringe interest for the company .

They say it has been designed by one of the Senior Walther engineers, and it shares a bit with the Walther without 'patent' infringements, so I dont think air cylinders or other parts will be interchangeable.
Another point, is that the trigger release is crisp and creep free.. So that's something worth pointing out as some reviewers have expressed misgivings about the Walther LP300 trigger .

The Tesro trigger will only move forwards and backwards and rotate on the vertical axis and thats it. Unlike other makes with more scope for adjustments galore.

I haven't played with the factory settings for trigger weight and release , and for those inclined to do so , the Manual that comes in the case , as well as a PDF downloadable manual from the company's website both contain ample details for adjustments.

The test target that came with the pistol shows five shots in a single but imperfect hole... the pellet diameter used was 4.49 and as usual , no mention of pellet make or brand.

I am using H&N Finale Match 4.5 pellets coz that's what I got . and of course I know I cant 'outshoot the gun' so any quality pellets will be OK.

I took the risk and bought it because it is , for me , one of the most aesthetically pleasing of the modern AP's on the market , the quality when you handle the pistol is immediately apparent , the metal finish and the walnut Morini style grips are of very high quality .

I am being careful with it naturally ( apart from some sanding of sharp edges and some added plastic wood to the grip ) As I know that any problem will mean shipping the gun off to Germany and months of 'withdrawal symptoms' until it is returned.

Elmas

bubba_zenetti

Post by bubba_zenetti »

that pistol looks a lot like the walther lp300. oddly enough, their sport pistol looks almost like a gsp.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

a) Yes, because it is a LP300 with some minor improvements
b) How did you come up with that? May I recommend a different optician? It has far more parallels to the Hammerlis than to the GSP...[/quote]
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

a) Yes, because it is a LP300 with some minor improvements
b) How did you come up with that? May I recommend a different optician? It has far more parallels to the Hammerlis than to the GSP...
RJP

Post by RJP »

Elmas wrote:
Another point, is that the trigger release is crisp and creep free.. So that's something worth pointing out as some reviewers have expressed misgivings about the Walther LP300 trigger .
I am one of those reviewers who have mentioned the problem with the LP300 trigger.

The origional trigger is very good. It would just not hold adjustments for any length of time. I had to readjust every 6 months or so. I replaced the trigger with a newer design with much tighter adjustment screws and I have had no problems since.

I have not personally examined a Tesro airpistol, but the similarity to the LP300 is obvious.

Post by Guest »

It is a beautiful gun. May I ask what it cost? I suppose if there was a significant price difference between it and some of the more familiar guns it would be worth it. I am shooting an IZH46m now but am thinking of moving up. Any feedback is appreciated. - Carl
Elmas

Price

Post by Elmas »

Anonymous wrote:It is a beautiful gun. May I ask what it cost? I suppose if there was a significant price difference between it and some of the more familiar guns it would be worth it. I am shooting an IZH46m now but am thinking of moving up. Any feedback is appreciated. - Carl

I paid Eur. 865.00 , but I didn't shop around !!

Elmas

cdf

Post by cdf »

May you and she have a long career together , with lots of tens , and hopefully no sixes .

Chris

PS is she a 200 or 300 bar system ?

Post by Guest »

PS is she a 200 or 300 bar system ?
The spec says 300 bar (see below). I was not aware that a junior model exists too.

+

Tesro made in Tzeckia, not Germany

Post by + »

The Tesro is, according to usually reliable an wellinformed sources, made in Tzeckia, but the parts are possibly assembled to complete guns in Germany.
It is marketed by a german firm, however.
This may overcome the inherent sceptisism to anything made in the former east block.
A german "home" for the gun will promote sales, probably.
Elmas

Post by Elmas »

The Tesro is, according to usually reliable an wellinformed sources, made in Tzeckia, but the parts are possibly assembled to complete guns in Germany.
It is marketed by a german firm, however.
This may overcome the inherent sceptisism to anything made in the former east block.
A german "home" for the gun will promote sales, probably.
I wrote to the German company that makes these pistols and this is their reply :-

Dear Sir,

our Products complete produced in germany!! We even produce the parts in our
own company our in the company of the uncle from my father!

Only the grip is from italy from one of the world's best grip manufacturer,
that also make the stocks for perazzi.

Our business is to make the best quality that we can produce. And we stand
with our name for quality made in germany.

Best regards

Daniel Römer

And so it would appear , that the aforementioned sources are neither reliable , nor well informed !!

Handling the gun will show that it is of a quality on a par with FWB , Hammerli and Walther, a quality of manufacture not easily matched elsewhere.

Elmas

Ulrich Eichstädt

Post by Ulrich Eichstädt »

In most cases "well informed sources" can't explain a new impression, model, thesis - and then they simply guess, what might cause the most "Ah's" and raised eyebrowes from the other bystanders (in few cases they are just misinformed, but mostly they fake to be informed)

I would agree to Mr. Römer's words, the TESRO is a complete german product, no parts made in other countries (I'm not sure about the grips though). TESRO means Technical Solutions Roemer. Peter Römer, the father of Daniel Römer, was the chief designer at Walther's during the 1990 and also co-owner before Umarex took over the company in 1994, responsible for a lot of new and improved models. To make a complete new pistol design would have meant to disregard all his former ideas (or to put them away as "forced by the owners"). So that's no surprise that the PA 10 airpistol and also the TS 22 and 22-2 (rapid fire version) look a lot like their Walther pendants - after all, you can still also follow Cesare Morinis ideas through all the different companies like Morini SA, SAM and Match Guns...
Elmas

Post by Elmas »

Ulrich Eichstädt wrote: I would agree to Mr. Römer's words, the TESRO is a complete german product, no parts made in other countries (I'm not sure about the grips though). TESRO means Technical Solutions Roemer. Peter Römer, the father of Daniel Römer, was the chief designer at Walther's during the 1990 and also co-owner before Umarex took over the company in 1994, responsible for a lot of new and improved models. ...

Daniel Romer says that the grips are made in ITALY by the same people who make PERAZZI shotgun stocks ( and I have seen the beauty of some of the high end Perazzi shotgun stocks ... really beautiful ) .

Elmas