PARDINI SP NEW 22lr

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
pardini

PARDINI SP NEW 22lr

Post by pardini »

Does somebody have a PARDINI SP NEW 22lr? I have some trouble with the trigger reset spring which I'd like to discuss.
Nicole Hamilton

Post by Nicole Hamilton »

I have a Pardini SP New. Are you having a problem with the trigger not resetting after the first shot? I had a problem with that, too. I found it was a bad adjustment of screw PG (disconnector engagement); turning it 3/8 turn counter-clockwise fixed the problem. See the previous thread, Weak reset spring in my Pardini SP New 22lr.
pardini

Post by pardini »

Well, the trigger resets. The problem is that the reset spring, the one that helps the trigger come back to its rest position, is very weak.

I previously owned a Pardini SP 22lr which had a powerful reset spring (what's the proper name for this spring?). After discharging a round that powerful spring was able to reset the trigger without a concious forward movement of my index finger.

Now, the Pardini SP NEW 22lr has a weak reset spring. Thus, I have to make a concious forward movement of my trigger finger. That wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't that when I conciously move my finger in a forward motion the sights get out of line. Therefore, having to realign the sights after each shot (Standard Pistol) is a "waste of time". Particularily in the 10sec series.

The factory made a special stronger spring for my gun. Its effect is noticeable but not to the point of my previous gun. It was replaced by an authorised Pardini gunsmith who checked the trigger set up (all screws are properly tuned in).

Maybe there's a technique to deal with that forward motion of the trigger finger. But I'm not aware of it nor I seem to be able to keep the sights inline with the target while I'm moving the index finger forward (to the magazine).

Post by Guest »

You might also ask your question of Pardini at:
"Pardini Armi s.r.l." <info@pardini.it>
You should address your question to:
Sig. Trincia.
You should get a response the next day. Sig. Trincia has been most helpful to me and is very prompt in replying.
loud223

Post by loud223 »

I just started to experience something similar. Trigger would not reset. I wanted to adjust the PG screw, but the diagram in my manual does not match the screws on my Pardini. Looks totaly different. Any help?

Nicole, I know you adjusted the PG screw on your Pardini, was it on the SP new? If so how do I find this screw?

Thanks

Lou
jdmmf

Pardini SP 22LR

Post by jdmmf »

Today I looked at a Pardini SP 22LR. I'm new at bullseye. I liked the wooden grip. Does that come in the box? I was told that this gun is no longer made. Is that true? Will that make it difficult to get ammo, parts, repair?

The weight of the Pardini was much better for me then the S&W 41 that I had been considering. I am also considering the Mannerli Trailside.

I am interested in used to try to keep the price down.

I need a light competition gun with a red eye scope, a gun box, and a scope to check the target.

I am 63 and have several arthritises so I need a light gun. I don't think that I need worry about felt recoil as we use 22LR. I was thinking of getting a 6" barrel to improve accuracy, but don't want to increase weight.

I'm new at this. I'd love any input.

Thanks,
Jane

Post by Guest »

Jane,

Does the SP that you are considering have "racing stripes" on the magazine well? If yes, then, it's a later model of the SP. While not the current "new" model, parts should not be any issue.

They are fine guns, and well suited to bullseye. Good to see you taking up the sport, and I wish you all the best.
Scott H.

Post by Scott H. »

Jane,

1) You shouldn't have any trouble with parts or service for a Pardini SP. They are easy to mount a red dot on, and you can easily adjust them, if you decide to do so.

2) If you're using iron sights, longer barrel length / sight radius is easier to shoot accurately. But, if you'll be using a red dot, a shorter barrel won't hurt a bit, so find the weight that suits you best.
jdmmf

Pardini SP 22LR

Post by jdmmf »

Thanks for the replies. The gun does have racing stripes.

I had meant to ask about the Hammerli Trailside. I shot it tonight but without a red dot I did not do too well, but on the target at least.
I also shot the morre expensive Hammerli with a red dot and wood grip.
Much better.

Any advise as to where to get used gun box and light weight .22LG target gun maybe with the red dot?

Thanks again,
Jane