Disassembling a Pardini HP magazine

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Nicole Hamilton

Disassembling a Pardini HP magazine

Post by Nicole Hamilton »

Has anyone done this? How? There's a pin in the base which can be driven out, but even then, the base doesn't seem to want to come off. I thought perhaps the plastic tab on the base that extends up the side of the magazine might have a catch on it that needs to be pushed out from the other side but that doesn't seem to be it, either. Am I just being wimpy about how much force it takes?
deleted1

Post by deleted1 »

My Bad---my befuddled old brain---wrong magazine---the SP mag base has a wee little circle on the base----use a drift pin and push it down while you push the mag base forwards over the depressed "circle", once the base is over this depressed spot---keep pushing the base forward with your hand over the top of the mag base---the spring will now pop out---mag is stripped---I wouldn't try to remove the feed ramp from the mag. Sorry about the senior moment screw up---
Last edited by deleted1 on Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
F. Paul in Denver

Post by F. Paul in Denver »

Nicole, let me know how you eventually managed this. I need to do the same with my HP mags.

Paul
deleted1

Post by deleted1 »

Oops---read above---Sorry
Nicole Hamilton

Bob, you're getting me confused! :) Your first response, before you changed it, did seem to be talking about the HP magazine (for .32WC) and about drifting out the pin and wrestling the base off it. You seemed to be saying, if it doesn't come off, just force it. (But you also seemed to indicate you thought there was some directionality to how the pin should be driven; it didn't look to me like it made any difference.)

Then you changed it to talk (very clearly) about the SP magazine. The SP magazines are really easy to take apart. (And no problem removing the follower, you just let it drop down to where you can pull out the pin holding it in.)

But the HP magazines are a different story. Yesterday, when cleaning my HP (and before I saw the first version of your response) I finally just gave up and pushed the follower down with a hex key, swabbed the inside with patches and called it done. It seems like there must be some trick to completely disassembling them and I'd love to know what it is (without having to break one to find out! :)

Paul, yes, if I find out, I will let you know. :)
F. Paul in Denver

Post by F. Paul in Denver »

Nicole and other Pardini HP users:

Pardini factory rep says taking the HP magazine apart is as simple as punching out the pin located on the plastic base.

It's tight, but it does pop right out. Dont use a brass punch - it's too soft.

I have about 300-400 rounds thru each of the 4 mags I cleaned tonight - they REALLY needed thorough scrubbing.

I used a 2x4 with aq one inch diameter hole drilled into it and then just laid the mag on the 2x4 with the pin lined up with the hole in the wood and just tapped them out. The first whack needs to be sharp and right on the pin - the rest is easy
Nicole Hamilton

Thanks for explaining how to do it, Paul!