Gyro wrist exerciser

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Nano

Gyro wrist exerciser

Post by Nano »

To the forum:

I refer to the gyroscopes, also so-called ' Super-Gyro wrist exerciser '
or "Gyro-Twister X-beam", or Powerball.

Departing from the point of view that any exercise is beneficial, I want to know if some shooter of the forum has used this device, and if it has obtained some specifically positive result for the shot with pistol.

Thank You,

nano
HLS

Dyna-Flex Powerball

Post by HLS »

Hi

I have now used the Dyna-Flex Powerball for about 2 months. The good news is that its use has benefitted my shooting. My right wrist is noticeably stronger. The bad news is that pre-sales and post sales support offered by Dyna-Flex and their Australian distributor is terrible! Caveat emptor. I would recommend the models available from www.powerballs.com or www.powerballs.com.au
Last edited by HLS on Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

i have the powerball. although i bought it to aid my physio it did help my shooting.

check out the powerball site on how such gyroscopes can be used to train up different parts of the arm. take a look at www.powerballs.com.sg too the info is somewhat more detailed there.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

I used one quite a bit a few years back, and have been meaning to start up again. Mine got harder & harder to start because of dirt build up inside. I think it was mostly dust worn off from the internal sliding parts. In any event, I flushed it out with soapy water, rinsed it with warm water & let it dry thoroughly. It improved considerably, and the last I checked it would start quite easily. A little lube might help, but A) I couldn't figure out how to get it just to the bits that might need it, and B) I was concerned the oil might attract more dirt and just gum it up that much faster. Mine is at least 4 or 5 years old, and they may have improved them since then.
Nicole Hamilton

Post by Nicole Hamilton »

Gwhite wrote:A little lube might help, but ... I was concerned the oil might attract more dirt and just gum it up that much faster.
You might try graphite.
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

Nicole Hamilton wrote: You might try graphite.
That ball is spinning at over 5000rpm. Black dust all over me, clothing, walls :-(
HLS

Powerballs

Post by HLS »

Hi. Do not use oil on your Powerballs! They will be killed instantly! (Friction is required between the rotor axle and the polycarbonate support ring.) Open it up (care!) and blow out the interior with a high pressure air hose.

Please see http://www.powerballs.com/faq.php for details.

Post by Guest »

to get anything out of this i suggest you spin to at least 8k rpm any less and i reckon you could give yourself repetitive injury in the long run.