Kenmore Creedmore

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
BothellBob

Kenmore Creedmore

Post by BothellBob »

A notice to those of you in the Pacific Northwest who may wonder what Larry and Nikki (How's that? no H!) are talking about for this Sunday: We free pistoleros of the Seattle area have started our annual series of PTOs.
The first Sunday of each month, 9:00-noon, until December, we will be holding a USAS sanctioned match. Sorry if you missed the first one in August, but there is still plenty of time to shoot a sufficient number of matches to make the annual rankings. The fee is $10 per match. These matches are held at the Wildlife Committee of Washington Kenmore Gun Ranges. You need not be a WCW member to participate.

http://www.kenmorerange.com/

Check out the activities calendar, we are a busy bunch. USAS membership applications are available at the events.
-BothellBob
Fred Mannis

Re: Kenmore Creedmore

Post by Fred Mannis »

BothellBob wrote:
Check out the activities calendar, we are a busy bunch.
I'm drooling :-). And trying to figure out a way to move to Seattle.
Nicole Hamilton

Post by Nicole Hamilton »

Fred Mannis wrote:I'm drooling :-). And trying to figure out a way to move to Seattle.
Heh, heh. I moved out here from Boston, so I know what you mean. This is a much better place than the Northeast. Let me count the ways!
darticus

BOSTON move away

Post by darticus »

You didn't more because the Boston Red Sox got tore up by the YANKEES I hope. They were really TORE up! They are about to get tore up again! I can see your point! Sorry!
Nicole Hamilton

Red Sox? Yankees? Isn't that some silly sport where they use really, really slow projectiles? And not very accurate either. Why would anyone waste their time on that when there's guns???
darticus

BALL SHOOTING

Post by darticus »

Fun to shoot them balls at different erratic speeds.
funtoz

Post by funtoz »

BothellBob wrote:A notice to those of you in the Pacific Northwest who may wonder what Larry and Nikki (How's that? no H!) are talking about for this Sunday: We free pistoleros of the Seattle area have started our annual series of PTOs.
The first Sunday of each month, 9:00-noon, until December, we will be holding a USAS sanctioned match. Sorry if you missed the first one in August, but there is still plenty of time to shoot a sufficient number of matches to make the annual rankings. The fee is $10 per match. These matches are held at the Wildlife Committee of Washington Kenmore Gun Ranges. You need not be a WCW member to participate.

http://www.kenmorerange.com/

Check out the activities calendar, we are a busy bunch. USAS membership applications are available at the events.
-BothellBob
Bob is slightly confused. The match fee is $12, not $10. Of course, if Bob is volunteering to pick up the two bucks for everybody, that's fine too.

This is the last outdoor match for a while. We will be shooting the next 6 months indoors. That unfortunately removes the shivering from hypothermia excuse.

Larry
Jim Cronin

Great Places to Shoot

Post by Jim Cronin »

I get out to Seattle at least 3x a year to take part in a research consortium at the University of Washington. Well, last spring a UW researcher took me to range to help sight in his rifle. Imagine my surprise when I noticed Free Pistol match results on a bulletin board and then recognized some names ! You folks have a very nice facility. If my schedule overlaps, I'd sure like to shoot a match with you.

What Fred was too modest to point out, is that we've been working to grow AP and FP matches on the East coast at the Delaware State Pistol Club. This year we will be hosting monthly AP and FP PTO's starting in October and going through April.

Jim
BothellBob

Post by BothellBob »

I'm bad! and confused. Sorry, Larry has it correct, $12 and I am not volunteering to pick up the difference; however, for any of you out-of-state people who show up at the range on Monday night at 7:00pm (every week of the year except when Christmas and New Years fall on a Monday), I will spring for the $2 we charge to shoot free pistol. (That's right, $2 for two hours of range time and we supply the targets and the coffee, what a deal.)
Jim, let me know next time you are at UW on a Monday, and I'll help you through the traffic.
http://www.artsci.washington.edu/dirdetail.asp?ID=9
-BothellBob
My friend told me to take up golf. He said golf would teach me the lessons of humility. I told him I shot free pistol, so I had all the humility I could stand.
kiko

Post by kiko »

Hi Bob.
I live in East Washington and I will love to shoot at your next October free pistoleros gathering. First Sunday of every month rigth?

few questions please: 25 yards outdoors at a 4" black? how is the ussual turn out?
and most importantly: will you guys let me shot with my 22 lr semiauto. can I load the magazine full or I must strict with the rules and load one at a time?
4 hours drive for me, I think it is worth it, to make it at 9 am I must leave home at 4 am ( for breakfast on the road). I'll see if I can get to bed early on Saturday.
Regards,
Kiko.
Pasco Wa.
Nicole Hamilton

Yes, our free pistol matches are scheduled on the first Sunday of each month. We have 3 remaining on the calendar:

Sun Oct 1, 2006 1:00 pm
Sun Nov 5, 2006 1:00 pm
Sun Dec 3, 2006 1:00 pm

The last 2 were outdoors at 50 yards, but these remaining matches will be indoors at 50' in our clubhouse (first building to the right after you enter the gate) using reduced targets. The good news is you get to sleep in: When we were outdoors, the events had to be in the morning to avoid conflict with our public hours, but indoors, we can do it in the afternoon.

The first match had 9 shooters, the second had 8.

You can use a semiauto, but you will need to load each round singly.
kiko

Post by kiko »

Thanks Nicole,

great information, 1 pm? great so I don't have to leave before sunrise.
load one at a time on my semiauto... errrrrr.... ok, I know, disciplince , discipline, discipline. I am ok with that.
If I make it that would be my first FP match in years. ( 20+) I have to go to Seattle this sunday, at today's gas prices I might very well make it for the match the following one and drive to Seattle again. Besides, my wife is on vacation so I don't have to explain to anybody about my excesive gas usage.

I'll be practicing at 50 ft period.

kind regards,
K.
Nicole Hamilton

My own experience was that singly loading wasn't as big a nuisance as I expected. When I first started shooting with our FP group Monday nights, I didn't yet have an actual free pistol and was shooting a Pardini SP. And I wasn't looking forward to fooling around trying to load it one round at a time, mostly because I'd never tried. But bear in mind, you have all the time in the world to do it, and what I found was that I could just slip the round in through the ejection port, roll the gun forward to let the round slide a little ways into the chamber, then close the bolt. What I'd thought would be a pain in the neck really wasn't.
kiko

Post by kiko »

Lets just hope for the gas prices to stay down.
thanks for your comments Nicole.
K.