Pellets for the 888

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

Pellets for the 888

Post by Guest »

Who out there has tested different pellets in an 888.
What are the best one to use.

--Brain Carstensen
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Don't use Walmart specials ..... flyers everywhere.

We shoot H&N Diablo Sport exclusively in practice

1/2 my kids shoot Meisterkugeln in matches, the other half shoot R10's.

I personally feel that with a 1.5lb to 2lb trigger on an 888 any of the three will shoot equally well .... if you leave the trigger at 4-5lbs as it comes from Daisy, then the Walmarts are probably OK too.

(Disclaimer: I've had one shooter fire a 272 3x10 with the Walmarts one time though)

I get the H&N's from Brenzovich (I don't have to pay shipping as we have a "stash" in Albuquerque)
I get the MK's and R10's from either Champions choice or Champions Shooter Supply ... whichever has them in stock the cheapest

When I print the 888's from a vise (I have over 15 guns we use) some like some pellets better than others. But again once they are in a shooter's hands pulling that trigger, what print's froma vice is kinda moot.

Get a tin or two of each and try them all out.
Jay V

Post by Jay V »

From what we have found by testing 7 or 8 types of pellets in an 888 is that they shoot almost every match-grade pellet well. We use mostly Vogel orange from Pilkington for most of our competitions.

The Valiant is a different story...

Jay V
www.aiac-airguns.org
IL

Post by Guest »

My team recently shot in the National Guard Postal Finals in Bowling Green and prior to heading out we spent hours testing pellets in 888's. As previously said, some like R10, some MK but one thing that seemed certain is they DIDN'T like 4.49, only 4.50. Personally my gun liked MK and shot a five shot group at ten meters that you couldn't drop a pellet through.