Morini CM 22M ALU

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Greg Knutzen

Morini CM 22M ALU

Post by Greg Knutzen »

I would like a little input about this pistol. What is the good and bad. What breaks and what needs constant maintance. What ammo does it hate and love. Why would you buy it or not?
wolskyr

CM-22 Adventures

Post by wolskyr »

Greg,

I have an RBA PS600, essentially a CM-22 clone. For the whole (horror!) story, check out my website at www.novatech-group.com.

To summarize, it has been a lot of work, but I am happy with the result.

-- Rob W.
-- Poconos, PA
Harror Dei

I definitely do NOT miss that CM22...

Post by Harror Dei »

...essentially a CM-22 clone. For the whole (horror!) story, check out my website....
To summarize, it has been a lot of work, ----
I owned a CM22 a couple of years. J.....C... there was a LOT of trouble! The day I traded in that CM22 i felt really relieved......

Which ammo it disliked, you asked? My CM22 did not discriminate much, it disliked ALL brands of ammo.
deleted1

Post by deleted1 »

I do not like to talk too much re:Morini----he is a genius amongst gun designers---however, most of his products are unbelievable engineering nightmares with more issues than a herd of dogs infested with fleas. Some guns require a wee bit of tinkering---the CM22, MG-2, FP-10 etc. are examples of guns with lots of fleas. Personally I owned a CM 182ei and thought it was a great AP except the grips could not be raked, but then neither can the TOZ. I don't own any Morini equipment especially after my short run with the MG-2, a complete refund from Don Nygord settled that beast.
Reinhamre

Post by Reinhamre »

Hi,

I must advise you not to think any more of the CM22
You may be lucky and come by a gun that works all right, but if not? Few know how to make it run.

You will be much better off with a Pardini SP New. Same balance and same price tag?
AW93 works all the time, but is more different from CM22.

Kent
John Horvath

Post by John Horvath »

Bob Riegl wrote:I do not like to talk too much re:Morini----he is a genius amongst gun designers---however, most of his products are unbelievable engineering nightmares with more issues than a herd of dogs infested with fleas. Some guns require a wee bit of tinkering---the CM22, MG-2, FP-10 etc. are examples of guns with lots of fleas. Personally I owned a CM 182ei and thought it was a great AP except the grips could not be raked, but then neither can the TOZ. I don't own any Morini equipment especially after my short run with the MG-2, a complete refund from Don Nygord settled that beast.

(Sigh.....)

I suspect I'm not the only one who gets tired about this continual confusion regarding Matchguns and Morini (the company).

(guys.. guys... we have been here before, so pay attention now...).

Cesare Morini had nothing (nowt, zip, nadda, zero) to do with the design of the CM22 which was launched after Cesare Morini left (was pushed?) from the company in 1995 (which still bears his surname). He then went on to establish Matchguns. Attributing the CM22 to him and then claiming that it is full of bugs because all Cesare Morini designed pistols are inherently flawed is not correct.
Most of the problems with the CM22 seemed to have been to do with quality control issues surrounding the milling of the chamber. AFAIK these have been addressed and the people I know who have purchased CM22's in the last year have found them to be essentially problem free (much to my surprise as I had been expecting to wallow in Schadenfreude) to the point where I am thinking of getting one myself.
I have also found my Morini 162e and 84e to be two of the most reliable pistols I have ever owned.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

My wife uses a CM22 and it has functioned pretty well flawlessly since it was purchased 6 months ago.

As far as I can see the bugs have been ironed out.

By the way it has a great grip adjustment for cant and point.

Mikey
Harror Dei

Cannot advice purchase of CM22

Post by Harror Dei »

John Horvath wrote: Most of the problems with the CM22 seemed to have been to do with quality control issues surrounding the milling of the chamber. AFAIK these have been addressed .
I bought a CM22 in 2002. The gun never worked ok. I made complants about sircular tool marks in the chamber, which I think caused extraction problems. I could feel the case "tug" in the chamber at firing.

The Morini importer never accepted this was the reason for the many malfunctions of my CM22. I traded that gun in finally, but did not get a fair price. The importer told me he could not give me a reasonable price for this gun in mint condition, cause it had som "issues".
These issues was caused by less than adequate guality control by the Morini factory. But I got the economical penalty. I did not like that.

Just blaming a parts (barrels) manufacturer is way to easy, Morini!
Morini: I think you just exported those guns, knowing there was reliability "issues".
I think the Morini factory just gave a damn.
I will never buy a Morini arm again. And I will imform potential buyers, asking for my advice, about the trouble I have had.
Fred Mannis

Re: Cannot advice purchase of CM22

Post by Fred Mannis »

Harror Dei wrote: The Morini importer never accepted this was the reason for the many malfunctions of my CM22. I traded that gun in finally, but did not get a fair price. The importer told me he could not give me a reasonable price for this gun in mint condition, cause it had som "issues".
These issues was caused by less than adequate guality control by the Morini factory. But I got the economical penalty. I did not like that.

I will never buy a Morini arm again. And I will imform potential buyers, asking for my advice, about the trouble I have had.
I don't disagree with your comments. But the company that really screwed you was the importer. He is the one that you should never do business with again.

Fred
Harror Dei

Re: Cannot advice purchase of CM22

Post by Harror Dei »

Fred Mannis wrote: But the company that really screwed you was the importer. ...
Fred
How could a company like Morini, well known for the excellent M162 series Aps, distribute faulty CM22s for 2 - 3 years? They got immediate user repors from the start about troublecome ejection caused by very rough chambers.

Some CM22s had chambers so rough, that AK47s made in the backstreets of Kabul would appear smoother!
In my clear opinion Morini just continued selling CM22s that they knew would bring problems to customer.

A Morini-slogan from my country: "Morini get your money, you get the trouble!

Stay well away from those mediocre-chambered used CM22s out there. Anyhow, perform a close inspection of those chambers!