Junior Shooters Wichita Kansas

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

benchrest

Junior Shooters Wichita Kansas

Post by benchrest »

I have seen reference to junior shooters in Wichita Kansas on this board. BB and air rifle. Can someone give me some contact info. Ages and other requirements?
Thanks
whitebear

Post by whitebear »

You should get in touch with Ralph Goodwin. Ralph is the Kansas CMP State Junior Director, either current or past president of the Kansas State Rifle Association, and is on the National Coach Development Staff of, I believe, USA Shooting. He is DA MAN for Junior programs in Kansas.

Ralph can be reached at (316) 778-1104.

Hope this helps.
Things are more like they are today than they have ever been before...
mikeschroeder

Post by mikeschroeder »

whitebear wrote:You should get in touch with Ralph Goodwin. Ralph is the Kansas CMP State Junior Director, either current or past president of the Kansas State Rifle Association, and is on the National Coach Development Staff of, I believe, USA Shooting. He is DA MAN for Junior programs in Kansas.

Ralph can be reached at (316) 778-1104.

Hope this helps.
Hi

Ralph is the CURRENT KSRA President, and WAS Kansas State Junior Director for KSRA prior to that. He is on the National Coach development Staff, which is a group that has ties to USA Shooting, the NRA, and the CMP.

How old are the kids? Precision or Sporter or BB-Gun, or Air Pistol? If you have beginners, call (316) 722-7721 and ask for Eric Otte. If you have experienced shooters in Air Pistol or Precision, you might call Ralph. If you have BB-Gunners call Larry Richardson of Derby Kansas (Don't have his number handy).

Mike
Wichita KS
benchrest

Post by benchrest »

Thanks for your replies. She is eight. Ralph used to run a program for 12 and up. Larry is a good friend but her mom thought it ran too late on a school night getting her back to Valley Center from Oaklawn. I heard there was a program at the extension office. Meanwhile we do some shooting with an old shot out Daisy 99 and a Chipmuck target model. It was the lightest rifle I could find with peep sights. Mostly safety and trigger control from rest. Trying to make it fun with lots of positive feedback. I will check with Eric.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

benchrest wrote: Meanwhile we do some shooting with an old shot out Daisy 99 and a Chipmuck target model. It was the lightest rifle I could find with peep sights. Mostly safety and trigger control from rest. Trying to make it fun with lots of positive feedback.
Here's an idea .... find an old Mossberg 320B.
I've taken my old shooter, and mounted Gamo rear and Daisy 753 front sights on it.
6.5 lbs total weight... I have the trigger set to 3lbs and it's pretty easy to have the younger shooters get 80's & 90's off a rest