4.49 pellets

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

GaryL

4.49 pellets

Post by GaryL »

Can anyone tell me why you would want to shoot a smaller diameter (4.49 vs. 4.50) pellet?

I would guess it's more accurate but why?
Richard H

Re: 4.49 pellets

Post by Richard H »

GaryL wrote:Can anyone tell me why you would want to shoot a smaller diameter (4.49 vs. 4.50) pellet?

I would guess it's more accurate but why?
Some guns perfer one over the other, if you search regarding peelets you'll find tons of threads regarding this topic. One is not more accurate than the other. Then only way to tell is by testing, which in air rifle it may make a little difference, in pistol, IMHO doesn't really matter much.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

As Richard says some guns prefer them. Their are sizes between 4.48 and 5.52 out there and the only way to find out what your gun prefers is to try them. And it's not even as simple as all gun x like 4.49, it varies from gun to gun. All that said as long as the pellet fits reasonably snuggly in the gun, it shouldn't make a dramatic difference.

Rob.
darticus

Pellet size 4.52?

Post by darticus »

Who makes the larger sizes? I have an LP 10 which the 4.5 pellet fits not snug.It did use the 4.5 for the factory target.Ron
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Almost all the manufacturers of target pellets make them in 0.01 increments from 4.48 to 4.52. Eg RWS, H&N etc.

Rob.

Post by Guest »

Different guns seem to like different pellets(size, brand, even lot number!). I'm 15 and belong to a shooting team in Virginia. I used to shoot a Daisy 888 which seemed to like 4.50, but I recently got a Walther LG 300 XT and my parents and I asked around and heard that the Walther liked 4.49. The test target sent with the gun also said the pellets were 4.49 and it even gave a lot number though didn't specify brand.