Bipod for sporters

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

GaryL

Bipod for sporters

Post by GaryL »

I am looking for the bipod you see pictured with some Valiants and other sporter rifles. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Post by Guest »

http://www.champchoice.com I think thay are like $20.00
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

The Champions Choice B54 will not fit an XS-40 rail. Works fine on the 888 rail.
Haireacane

bipods

Post by Haireacane »

The XS40 bipods are available from Pilkington and they fit the rail. I just purchased 3 within the last two weeks for my 4-H Sporter Team. We have used 753's, 853's and 888's. I have an all girl team and the XS40's fit them so much better. We have also purchased barrel weights for a couple of girls who wanted a slightly heavy muzzle. The bipods were about $15 each.

Good Luck,
David Haire
Tift County, Georgia 4-H coach

Post by Guest »

The XS40 bipods are available from Pilkington and they fit the rail. I just purchased 3 within the last two weeks for my 4-H Sporter Team. We have used 753's, 853's and 888's. I have an all girl team and the XS40's fit them so much better. We have also purchased barrel weights for a couple of girls who wanted a slightly heavy muzzle. The bipods were about $15 each.

Barrel weights For what rifle???
Haireacane

XS40 Barrel weights

Post by Haireacane »

You can buy barrel weights to fit the XS40. I don't remember the price but they were less than $20 each. If you're interested let me know and I'll get you the contact name and e-mail address. These weights are custom made and even include a small piece of brass that fits between the screw and barrel to keep from scratching the barrel when the weight is installed. I think the weight weighs 6 ounces. The guy even has a weight that can be installed where the spacer goes for the adjustable cheekpiece to help balance the rifle.

David Haire
Tift County, Georgia 4-H

Post by Guest »

thanks for the info but I have an 888 that I want to put more whight on.
GaryL

Bipod for sporters

Post by GaryL »

Hey thanks for all the help. I did find out that the Anschutz 7003440 bipod doesn't fit the XS40 but does on the 888. Also the B54 worked on the 888 as well.